THE OFFICIAL: Our Pet Pics

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

DonnaT wrote:Bonnie is an Australian Shepherd. A tailess breed and not of Australia at all. The breed was started in Texas. Like most shepherd breeds, a very smart dog.
We had to put her down this evening, pancreatic cancer. R.I.P. Bonnie
DonnaT
Curly(SO)
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Curly(SO) »

So sorry to hear this, Donna...she was a beautiful dog.

Hugs,
Curly
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Thanks Curly.
DonnaT
Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Post by Virginia »

So sorry for your loss, hon! What a beautiful animal! Those of us who have had to deal with that know how difficult it can be. Mine was a beautiful Siberian Husky, almost like a brother to me!

Memories!
Love,

SL and Virginia
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Thanks Virginia.
DonnaT
Kendra Lynn
Miss Emerald Goddess

Your loss

Post by Kendra Lynn »

Dear Donna: Sorry to hear about your loss.
I can relate.
The closest I've come to being a parent is the two dogs who lived with my parents-- LADY (black lab-- passed away at 11 or so-- she was with us starting with my high school years); and SANDY-- a golden retriever who lived to be 15!! I was not living with my folks when SANDY came to be with us, but I got to know him and he got to know me. I will never forget SANDY or LADY.
Although I am not conventionally religious, sometimes I think that when my time comes (whenever that may be) SANDY and LADY will come to take me to the next place (whatever that is).
SANDY actually was taken by mother to the vet on his last day. By then he was ill and could not even climb up the short set of stairs in my parents' home. He had a serious illness five years earlier, and basically recovered, but I believe he made an effort to stay around as long as possible.
I also remember that the day after SANDY died, everything just seemed to go wrong...
Two pet dogs belonging to other people in this building passed away since I moved here and I miss them too.
OK -- this isn't supposed to be about me...
Again, sorry to hear about your loss.
Don't know what else to say...
Peace-- Kendra Lynn ("hippie cheerleader")
GalicianGirl(SO)
Founding Member

Post by GalicianGirl(SO) »

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss!!! I know it's to hard to lose a pet. My pets are my extended family and I would be devastated if anything ever happened to any of them... :(
Jeannie
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Jeannie »

Hi Donna
I think people who don't have pets don't realize how important they become in our lives. I feel for you Donna. Pets become a part of your family. You love them,take care of them and miss them when they're gone. They have unconditional love. It doesn't matter what color you are,what religion you are or how you dress. If you're good to them they love you no matter what. It's sad we humans couldn't be like them. Big hug Donna.

Love
Auntie Jeannie

PS I hope Marley outlives me Donna. He's my little buddy.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Thanks y'all.

I catch myself in the morning getting up and looking to make sure she's not where I'll step on her when I get out of bed.
DonnaT
Absaroka
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Absaroka »

Nice pictures. I especialy liked Méchoui and Sebastian. I have a thing for black cats, but unfortunately both me and my daughter are allergic to them. Prior to realizing that I had cats for much of my life. Or should I say various cats had me? Dogs have owners, cats have assistants.

Absaroka
everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
DeeDee
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by DeeDee »

Donna, I'm so sorry about Bonnie. I've had my losses also which lead to major tears. Somehow they just become so much a part of us. My old Labrador is geeting ready to cross the "bridge" soon, hopefully not real soon, but its gonna hurt just as much as my guys that went before her. And for Kendra and anyone else who never read "The Rainbow Bridge", I'll copy it here.......I hope its true...I tear up whenever I read it.

The Rainbow Bridge

Author Unknown

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies
that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our
friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those
who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember
them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content,
except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had
to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and
looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body begins to
quiver. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass,
his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you
cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses
rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once
more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never
absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown...

Hugs
DeeDee
Absaroka
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Absaroka »

I forgot to add that I am sorry for the loss of your pet Donna.

Absaroka
everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
GalicianGirl(SO)
Founding Member

Post by GalicianGirl(SO) »

Wow...This topic was started a few years ago but seems to keep going so I won't start a new pet pic topic!!!

I just wanted to say I posted some pics in the Photo Gallery of my Shih Tzu, Nikki, and our two newer members, Coco and Willow, our little Yorkies, that are just over a year old now...

I don't want to hear any slack about their clothes either... My kids are grown and I never had a girl or a barbie doll... :lol: :P

By the way, they do like to get dressed up!!!

Sharon(SO)
Kendra Lynn
Miss Emerald Goddess

Rainbow Bridge

Post by Kendra Lynn »

Thanks Deedee for posting the RAINBOW BRIDGE piece. I did get "teary" after reading it.
I've never seen that before and wonder if we can find out who did write it.
As I stated, I'm not conventionally religious, but like to think that when my "time" comes, whenever that is, I will know because then the two dogs in my life, SANDY and LADY, will come for me, and we will then go on to whatever is next together.
Peace-- Kendra Lynn ("hippie cheerleader").
Roberta-Llyan
Permanently Banned

Post by Roberta-Llyan »

Here's my pets....

Yes, that's me before I went 24/7 CD. hehehe I'm prettier now. hehehe