THE OFFICIAL: Open Conversation Place

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

Jadeanne
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Jadeanne »

On Tuesday my wife and I went east from Buffalo to a little north of NYC for Thanksgiving with the youngest of my wife's 3 sisters.

With a couple of nephews and other relatives, there were 10 people at the dining table on Thanksgiving. My wife's older sister and her SO joined us and stayed over.

On Black Friday, a total of 7 of us took a train to New York City and attended the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall. It was a great show.

On Saturday we started back and stopped along the way to visit my wife's oldest sister who is recovering well from recent surgery.

I had my laptop with me while I was away, but didn't log in here until after I got back home and participated on Saturday Chat.

This morning I got up early to drive my wife to a church where she sang in a combined choir. After coming home from our usual later morning service, we had lunch.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

I'm on a "clear" liquid diet today. Colonoscopy tomorrow. At least it's early in the morning.

Last one I had, I had to drink a bottle of Fleet (laxative) mixed in 20 ozs of 7-up.

This time they've given be a gallon of laxative, plus four pills. Don't know how I'm supposed to drink that much, starting at 6PM tonight. I don't drink that much in a day.
DonnaT
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Donna -

I had a colonoscopy done in '04 but I insisted that my prep clean-out be done via pill form only . . . no drinking any of that nasty laxative stuff for me [-( , I knew that I would just ralph it all. :shock: #-o

If I remember correctly, I had 16 or 20 pills total, 4 at a time once an hour with 8 oz water, and the last 4 were to be taken with ginger ale. I can handle taking pills and drinking water and ginger ale! :mrgreen: My doctor said the "quality of the prep was excellent," and found no abnormalities during the procedure. =D>

Good luck with your prep and the test itself!! [-o<

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Ralph,and ralphing.

Post by April Rose »

SL; My best friend,from age nine until I lost him in my late thirties, was a guy named Ralph. He was open minded, open hearted, spiritual and fearless. I remember that we had several ironic, funny conversations when he discovered his name had become slang for, well, "ralphing."

He knew I was ,as we said in those days, A transvestite. I would dress in the apartment we shared in San Francisco, and it was no big deal to him. He even went out with me once on halloween, me in a skirt and heeled sandals, him in a funny hat. We rode public transportation,and I thought I was the most daring thing in the world.

Anyway, its funny how a forum like this can go from colonoscopy (BTDT) to a poignant memory. I'm getting a little misty. But thanks for a new years remembrance, and thanks for what you do. Happy new year.
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Thank you, April Rose! :bow:

I'm sorry that I made you get all misty, but I'm sure they came with great memories of Ralph. [-o<

To everyone, Virginia and I wish all of you a Happy and Healthy New Year!! ^@^

:love:

- SL and Virginia
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

So, my wife called a minute ago. She states that I need to start thinking about what we are doing for Valentines Day.

***huh***

I asked her why she's even thinking about that in January. She didn't have an answer.

Heck, I've got her birthday to think about first!
DonnaT
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Donna, it sounds like she thinks you need to do something special this year. Or she came upon something she wants to do. It may be one of those things you are suppose to read her mind and do the right thing. What ever it is I hope you figure it out before it is too late. [-o< [-o< [-o<
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Sounds to me as if she would like a quiet dinner by candle light \:D/
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Dinner out for sure. I reckon she brought it up due to the Valentine's decorations already in the stores.

Plus one needs to make dinner reservations well in advance around here.
DonnaT
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Coming home last night in the car, my wife mentioned that our daughter was looking for wedding gowns and that they had discussed a couple of places having sales.

So, figuring frugality was part of the plan, I said she could try some thrift stores.

<|>|<|> You'd a thought I had cussed her out or something.

I asked what was wrong with them, sometimes they have some that have never been worn. Sometimes one can find a $1500 gown for less than $100.

No dice. She was pissed I even mentioned thrift stores. ***huh***
DonnaT
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Well, the so-so news is, the deed is done, wedding dress bought.

The bad news, expensive. :shock:

The good news, I have only one daughter ;)
DonnaT
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Working on a flagstone landing at the bottom of the stairs to our deck Sunday, my wife said I better not find a snake under one. I said not a chance, the soil was sand and the stone flat on the sand.

Low and behold, a shiny black ringneck snake was under the last one. First time I've ever seen one. Photo taken from the net.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/Do ... kSnake.jpg

And today, walking my bike from the street to the shed out back, there was a box turtle along side of the deck.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/Do ... 22-1-1.jpg
DonnaT
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

I have learned snakes can get under lots of things. They seem to find their way in.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Absaroka
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Absaroka »

I remember finding a tiny ringneck snake one day under our terrace. I was so excited. I never thought I'd see one outside of a zoo.

Absaroka
everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

My wife's 93 yr old grandmother died yesterday, so we'll be heading to Texas tomorrow for the funeral.

She was a cool lady. My wife told her about my dressing early on, and she told my wife there was nothing wrong with it.
DonnaT