THE OFFICIAL: Open Conversation Place

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

Frances Jewell
Miss Emerald Goddess

THE OFFICIAL: Open Conversation Place

Post by Frances Jewell »

Is it in good taste to send PM's or Emails to individuals that you would like to correspond with. I don't want to infringe on anyone's privacy.
Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Post by Virginia »

Frances,

It would be my opinion that those who become members of this forum should understand that we do have a PM capability which means that they understand that they accept the probability that someone may wish to contact them privately. As for Emails, most post an Email address with their profiles.

The other side of this is if you get a PM or Email and you do not wish to respond --your choice.

I think you will find most of your sisters here more than willing to share with you privately, assuming ........... well you know what I mean.

Virginia
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by CJ »

Hi Fran,

I'm sure there's no problem. After all, this is one of the forum's main raison d'êtres... to allow people to network and connect. As Virginia said, just keep in mind that, once you've sent a request to someone for communication via e-mail or PM, the ball rests in the other person's court; it's up to her to decide whether or not to accept the invitation. Don't be offended if she declines... many people do value their privacy and are a little bit nervous already just being on an open forum like this.

Personally, I always accept such an invitation. Not just because I'm a moderator but because I like this kind of exchange and I like people, period. My problem is that I don't check my e-mail accounts as often as I should so my correspondents know that they need to be patient with me (and they usually are).

Good luck in your own correspondence, Fran! 8)

Love,
CJ
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Hi Fran,

Heck I enjoy getting PM for my sisters =D> , as stated above you can reply or just delete it.
I'm very open and will talk about most anything (--)
Frances Jewell
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Frances Jewell »

Thanks That was very helpful. I just wanted to get an opinion from those whom had been on longer.

*^^*

Frances
Caith
Software Administrator

Post by Caith »

I'll heartily agree with Carol Ann on this one. I love exchanging PMs with other members. Ask anything, and I'll try to answer the best I can.
Caith <oooo>
DeniseL
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by DeniseL »

I too love to exchange e-mails with other members in the group,.

It is so nice to find out what people in other parts of the country are doing

Denise
Denise_Love
a girl that likes Camping
Frances Jewell
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Frances Jewell »

It is nice to correspond with others and develop friendships. I got a PM from Caith last evening, to be honest getting messages is like getting a Christmas present - fun to open.

Fran
Caith
Software Administrator

Post by Caith »

Even more surprising to find that Frances and I were about to enjoy the same television show! ##3##
Caith <oooo>
Frances Jewell
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Frances Jewell »

Caith,

It certainly was a pretty good show, though I prefer canoes on calmer lakes and streams. I am enjoying interacting with everyone so much that I added an email address to my profile that you can email me from the posts now. Caith, you and CJ are like sisters now. Oh by the way thanks for the wonderful comments about my picture. As I said, i'd never posted any pictures before and your acceptance made it a wonderful experience.

Love

*^^*

Fran
CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by CJ »

(--)
CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by CJ »

There's a whole nation of us out there, Fran! ..o)..
Last edited by CJ on Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frances Jewell
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Frances Jewell »

I have to agree and it would probably be better if we were running it.

Fran
Frances Jewell
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Frances Jewell »

CJ,
I saw that you are from Montreal, I have relatives that moved from here and became Canadian citizens living in Ottawa.They work in one of the Government Ministries. I actually used to spend a lot of time up north of Kingston camping, went scuba diving once in one of the lakes and came face to face with the biggest fish that I ever saw. But winter lingers longer.

*^^*

Fran
CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by CJ »

Hi Fran

Go figure... you start a thread about the appropriateness of getting in touch with other members and here folks have now started an open correspondence, as it were. Cool. I like this. Still, I have a sneaking suspicion that SilverLady may be about to lock the thread now that your question has been answered. So let me get at least one more paragraph in before she does. :P

I live in Montreal. Beautiful city. Festive and bubbling (once it wakes from its 6-month winter slumber, that is). Yes, I'm francophone (that's what they call people who speak French up here; you can probably guess what an anglophone is)... but I'm Franco-Ontarian: I was born in the neighbouring province of Ontario... in Kingston, actually--funny that you should mention my hometown. I was only five when we moved to Montreal and--with a few exceptions in the 80s and 90s----I've spent my life here. I love this city. Hope you get a chance to visit one of these days, Fran.

Love,
CJ