THE OFFICIAL: Open Conversation Place

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Sounds ideal CJ.

I'm definitely a car person. Love to drive. The county I live in, Prince Wm., is rated among the worst in our area for pedestrian casualities.
DonnaT
Frances Jewell
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Frances Jewell »

Looks like a really nice place CJ. It looks pretty close to the park and is that a cemetary.nearby also.
Fran
Frances Jewell
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Frances Jewell »

Did anyone happen to see Glenn Beck (CNN Headline News) last evening. He had a segment on a hydrogen fueled GM Envoy that GM hopes to begin selling n 2010. I couldn't help but notice a couple problems with that plan: first it gets 160 miles to a fill up, the engine (they call it a fuel stack) costs 40,000 dollars to produce, they plan to sell the vehicle for 25,000 dollars. In case you wondered, there are several fueling centers in California and 1 on the East Coast, in other words if you want to go someplace beyond the 160 mile range in this vehicle be prepared to push it. Finally while I may be sitting here in my nightgown at 4 in the morning, I still know that you can't sell a 65,000 dollar vehicle for 25,000 and stay in business.

Fran
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Well, if the cars that run on compressed air hit the market in 2010, it will definitely be harder to sell those running on hydrogen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmqpGZv0YT4

Compressed air cars are said to get 1000 miles per tank full.

http://www.gizmag.com/compressed-air-ca ... 2010/8896/
DonnaT
Stephanie W
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Stephanie W »

Good luck with your move CJ. I can tell you and Roxanne are excited about it. You didn`t mention whether Christina or Roxanne will have the bigger closet. :-#

Oh and Jeannie.......
Gee. When you think of manure you think of Jeannie.
..rofl.. ..rofl.. ..rofl..

Stephanie
Jeannie
Miss Ruby Goddess

Where did the turbine go?

Post by Jeannie »

Hi Gearheads
I remember going to the 1964 Worlds Fair in New York and Chrysler had their gas turbine car up and running. It was supposed to be the car of the future that could burn any type of fuel and emit less pollution.
Andy Granatelli built an Indy car with a turbine in the seventies. Mr. STP Donna. What ever happened to the gas turbine engine?
Don't you miss the days of Don"The Snake" Prudomme and "Big Daddy" Don Gartlets Donna? I love drag racing. It's a sign.
Oh and Steph. Thanks for reminding me. I have to grab my pooper scooper and take Marley for his evening walk. "Holy Shiite" as they say in Iraq! Hugs.

Love
Jeannie
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

I preferred to race instead of watch, Jeannie. However, I don't miss getting all greasy from doing the repairs.
DonnaT
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Speaking of racing . . . this morning as Virginia and I were driving in to work we were getting passed right and left by vehicles . . . we were doing 62 in a 55, slow, I know, but Virginia was driving. :roll:

Any way, we were wondering why we never received notice that it was Race Day on I-581 today!?! I would have been driving, then . . . after all, in my last life, my name was Marlo Andretti. :mrgreen:

Well, do you expect from a Motor City gal, a horse-drawn carriage?!? :roll:

*Hugs*

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by CJ »

Hi all,

Man, I need a break. #-o Boxes, boxes, and more boxes. I just have too many books! I've been downsizing my bookshelf these past few days--some books went to our annual bazaar, some to clients, some to the laundry room downstairs, and a few boxes will be going to the "courtyard sale" I'm planning to hold tomorrow morning. That still leaves me with about three or four dozen boxes of books. To paraphrase Amity Chief Brody, we're gonna need a bigger bookshelf. :roll:

By the way, Stephanie, we do have tons of storage and closet space in our new digs... much more so than in our current apartment. So, yes, my closet will be bigger than Roxanne's. I know her, though; she'll argue that, although I own the greater number of clothing items and shoes, her own wardrobe consists of higher quality and more stylish duds. I find that hard to believe, personally. I mean, she doesn't own a single mini-skirt or six-gartered, snap-crotch all-in-one girdle! [-X :lol: Yeah, she can rant about my "grandmotherly" tastes all she wants... that doesn't prevent her from borrowing said girdle (in classy black lace, mind you!), as well as my pantyhose and that black leather skirt that SilverLady likes so much (and that particular item has been living in her own closet for quite some time now--seems no amount of pleading will let me have it back... which is fine, as it suits her much better than it does me, I have to admit).

Still, the thought has occured to me that, just as youth is said to be wasted on the young, so women's clothing is sometimes wasted on women; they don't appreciate its delicate sheerness and silky flimsiness as much as we do. :P Or so it seems, anyway.

Got to get back to more coffee and more boxes, folks. I'll be unplugging my 'puter tomorrow. Talk to you all in early June some time.

Love,
CJ

P.S.
By the way, SilverLady, yes, that is a cemetary on the mountain. It's the city's largest. It's called "Our-Lady-of-the-Snows." I kid you not. Only in Quebec! Many former dignitaries are buried there (former Prime Minister Pierre Eliott Trudeau amongst others). It's a great spot for a Saturday afternoon picnic.
Frances Jewell
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Frances Jewell »

they don't appreciate its delicate sheerness and silky flimsiness as much as we do

CJ, its always good to take a break. And yes like absence makes the heart grow fonder (sometimes) the appreciation of may be lost when it becomes common.

Fran
Frances Jewell
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Frances Jewell »

On this day in history in 1889 the Bra was invented. During WWI the government asked women to forgo corsets and switch to a Bra, thus insuring a well supported future.

Fran
Frances Jewell
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Frances Jewell »

CJ, Have you gotten your moving done yet. Outside of painting I can't think of anything that I'd rather do less. From the basement to the attic, the place is full of stuff, if its ever buried under dirt some archaeologist will be happy in a thousand years.

Fran
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

DonnaT
Lydia
We Will Never Forget You - Rest in Peace

Post by Lydia »

Thanks Donna,

The first one of your links didn't work for me. I couldn't get past tbe first set of jungle drums.

The second was a delight. Very clever. The fun part was that I recognized the episodes from which many of the clips were taken.

Hugs,

Lydia
"There comes a time ... when you must grasp the bull by the tail and face the situation."
Mindy
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Mindy »

Thanks Donna,

I also remember most of the episodes. I need a new hobby!

Thanks again.