THE OFFICIAL: Open Conversation Place

Talk about anything else: your pets, your car, movies, celebrities, or other things you like. As a reminder, political and religious discussions do not belong in here, nor any other topics that may incite a heated debate! As always keep it clean, please.

Moderators: KimberlyS, Celia

CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by CJ »

Hi all,

Those were great, Donna! =D>

Is it just me or were there some sexual innuendos in the second set of clips? :P

Love,
CJ
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Welcome back, CJ!

We hope you're beginning to settle back into a routine after the rigors of moving.

Do take the much needed :coffee: break from unpacking, :sigh: relax, go up to that rooftop pool of yours, dive in, and cool off! *sink* {If we had a smiley for swimming or diving, I'd have used that instead! :lol: }

Hugs to Roxanne and yourself!!

(--)

- SL and Virginia
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by CJ »

Thanks, SilverLady and Virginia! 8)

Things are sloooowwwwwly getting back to normal... "back to normal"--ain't that a bummer?!??! :mrgreen:

I'm using Roxanne's portable right now while sitting on the balcony at 2:10 am on this fine and relatively cool late Friday evening. My own computer is still in a box. It misses me, I'm sure of it; I can almost hear its idle circuits keening.

By the end of this weekend all should be back as it was. A few more boxes to unpack, a little bit of furniture to rearrange, a couple of cups of coffee beans to grind, and all will be well with the world again.

In other news, Roxanne and I will be taking a well deserved rest with a couple of weeks off in late June and early July. In early September we'll also be heading down to Boston for a few days for a family wedding. I need to get a hold of a new birth certificate and passport pronto! Last time I went to the States (in or around 2002, to Vermont and New Hampshire), border crossings weren't such a pain in the butt. #-o Oh well! Such is life in a post-9/11 world, I guess.

Love,
CJ
Frances Jewell
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Frances Jewell »

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/15/techn ... ref=slogin

According to the New York Times article at the above link, internet providers are closer to charging for the amount of bandwidth used. I guess that is the right term. Due to the increased downloading of music and video, service is being degraded. The article lists possible fees and amount of bandwidth available for that price to each user. Its interesting and though I had heard that it was being done in some test markets by ComCast this looks like an expansion by more providers. I thought that I would pass this on.

Fran
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

My wife and I were watching Celebrity Feud and one of the questions asked was, 100 men were surveyed -- What do you do when you find you've run out of clean underwear?

Although I don't and don't condone it, with one answer remaining, I jokingly answered -- Borrow your wife's!

The joke didn't go over well :mrgreen:

And no, it wasn't one of the answers. :roll:
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

I guess she was not in a joking mood. My wife might say that to me jokingly or disgruntled depending on her mood.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Jeannie
Miss Ruby Goddess

The key to a happy life

Post by Jeannie »

Hi Fran

I was watching CNN with political pundents being so serious and thought to myself." These Bozos are screwed." Unwittingly they made the transition to growups which will destroy your life. If you lose the child in yourself you are doomed. Just think about kids.

They just want to have fun and don't give a manure about anything serious. They just go with the flow and enjoy their lives. If you lose that in life you will never be truly happy. We all can be responsible people but still kids. They know the true meaning of life.
If you want to PM somebody Fran just do it Hon. If they can't deal with it, that's life. Just a thought girls. Hugs.

Love
Auntie Jeannie
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Jeannie my ink covered friend,

I love the way you think =D> , If I couldn't play like a kid and have some fun now and again why am I living? :-k

Life is to short not to laugh and NEVER grow old, sorry got to go put on a dress and have some fun <--> rotf
Sylvia H
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sylvia H »

OK Jeannie, you're on

Nah nu nah nu boo boo, stick your head in doo doo.

!!tongue!!

Sylvia
Jeannie
Miss Ruby Goddess

Ha!

Post by Jeannie »

Hey Sylvia H!
You're last post immediately identified that you are one of us people who never get the word or get with the program. You will be scorned,ridiculed, demonized and thrown under the bus. It's a great life Hon. Do you think that Dick Cheney ever has had any fun? I think not.
The Republicans didn't even invite him to the convention. They couldn't find out where to send the invitation. If he ever smiled his head would blow up.
I have to go Hon. My GG friend Z on MySpace just sent me a message" Hey you dirty little slut! What are going to wear to the Tranny fundraiser?"
Lorna also just posted a bulletin. " I need to kick someones A_ _ right now!" This will be fabulous knowing Lorna. She takes no prisoners Sylvia. Life is good. Hugs.

Love
Auntie Jeannie
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Well, Thursday was our 33rd anniversary, which we celebrated in D.C. I told my wife I'd take Friday off if she still wanted to go to a quilt show in Nashville, but there were other plans in the works for the weekend. son's 31st birthday and future SIL's birthday.

We called out daughter to see what the plans were, but like usual, she doesn't answer the phone, and didn't return the call until Friday evening. By then my wife had changed her mind and decided she'd like to go to TN. So, I informed our daughter of our continued anniversary plans.

We left Fri. night and arrived in Nashville around 9 am. We walked through the quilt show and then checked in to the Gaylord Opryland Resort. They upgraded our room to one with a balcony overlooking the gardens, since it was our anniversary. My wife wouldn't let me out on the balcony in my night gown, though.

After dinner we went to a show at the Grand Ole Opry.

Headed home the next morning around 10:30 EST. Stopped a couple of times, for breakfast and lunch, and made it home by 8:45 pm. The sat nav in the car kept saying we'd get home by 10:35 :P . Of course, it didn't know the shortest route though.

It wanted to take me all the way up I-81 to I-66, 147 miles from Staunton to home. I turned off at Staunton onto I-64 and the nav system said that going through Richmond would have been 170 miles. However, I cut across VA by turning off just past Charlottesville, and that came to only 106 miles.
DonnaT
Stephanie W
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Stephanie W »

Hey Donna, do you realize we almost crossed paths there. \:D/ I was in Nashville on Friday and left Saturday morning. Like you, I also enjoyed a visit to the GOO, except during MY visit, I actually got to sing on stage. Yep it's true. Well, it was "happy birthday" to a couple of birthday gals in our tour group on the house tour which is what they do for all tours. Pretty cool huh? Opryland is a beautiful resort and one I'm sure Donna would feel right at home in had she been allowed to spread her wings. Unfortunately, Stephanie didn't either but maybe another time.

Stephanie
Jeannie
Miss Ruby Goddess

You ladies have the life of Riley!

Post by Jeannie »

Gee Girls
CJ takes a few weeks in June and July to vacation and is going to Beantown in september. Donna goes for a weekend and Steph is on a bus tour. I'm looking forward to an appointment in Bristol CT on friday with my Gastroenterologist, Dr. Smiley for a colonoscopy and I thought that was good. I marked it on the fridge calendar with a smiley face.
I was all excited last saturday because I never had a CAT scan before. I was disappointed because it was boring and I asked for a MRI but they said no. I'm starting to think my idea of fun is a bit skewed.
I have to run. I'm glued to the Democratic convention and I'm ready to break a blood blister on my thumb I got today in the shop. I saved it till now. It's like dessert. Hugs.

Love
Jeannie
CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by CJ »

Hi all,

Unfortunately, Jeannie, Boston was nixed. :( Too expensive.

We're going to India, instead. :mrgreen:

Seriously, Beantown would've been fun but another wedding turned up--this one in Delhi, in late November. We'll be going to that one instead. It'll be a big affair--three days of festivities--with a couple hundred people converging on Delhi from Canada, the U.S., Australia, England, and parts of India. And you thought you had a big family! :shock: Roxanne is having to draw me up a family tree.

Still, thank you to everyone who gave me Boston tourism pointers. It's not all lost; I'm sure we'll wind up visiting that fair city at some point in the future.

Love,
CJ
Jeannie
Miss Ruby Goddess

Wait a minute!

Post by Jeannie »

Hi CJ
Boston was too expensive so you're going to India? Just be careful over there and don't come back with New Delhi belly. And for Heavens sake don't get on a local bus. The last bus accident I read about was so tragic. The bus careened of a mountain road and 875 people lost their lives. How sad.
One good thing about being my age CJ is the weddings stop and all I go to are wakes and funerals now. It's much cheaper. Hugs.

Love
Jeannie