Can we have better preset options for the chat? - Closed

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Can we have better preset options for the chat? - Closed

Post by Davita »

For a good while, my browser held my setting, but now like so many, I come into the chat, say hi then proceed to the options panel to fix all the setting to something decent. Can we at least turn off all the stupid sounds? Have you guys seen this, http://www.tufat.com/gallery.php?script=2&index=20? How about a poll to ask us what sounds we would like or not like that way maybe the most annoying ones can be defaulted to off?

Thanks
{squeezes}
Davita
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Re: Can we have better preset options for the chat?

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Why do you need your speakers to participate in Chat? :-k

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Good question; I have my speakers on to listen to others coming into the chat. If I am the only one in, I am surfing in other windows waiting to hear if anyone comes in. In addition, I multitask; I use my speakers for more than just the chat. To have just the "people entering" option means I have to turn all almost all of the others. What's that like 10 sounds you have to mouse through and click?

I also change the chat theme to colors I can see and without the background picture and I change the font size to an easier to see size. I know I am not the only one who comes in and immediately starts changing the options.
{squeezes}
Davita
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Davita,
Don't feel to bad hon as I too have to reset everything when I sign into chat :-k
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

If you're having to reset your settings every time you come into chat, that tells me you have a problem with your computer and/or browser settings (cookies, temp files) . . . I have no control over that.

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------