unable to access the forum from my phone - Answered

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Estefania
Miss Platinum Goddess

unable to access the forum from my phone - Answered

Post by Estefania »

I can get access to the forum from my phone if I'm connecting through wifi. But not if I'm using the phone data. Has anybody reported this before?

Thanks.
Gaby
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Re: unable to access the forum from my phone.

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Gaby -

The forum is geared for desktop / laptop internet connections; any connections via cell phone are considered a 'bonus' for the user, especially the Chat Room.

I am one of the few who do not have a cell phone (it's true!) and if I did have one it would be only used as an emergency phone or for text messages.

Maybe one of our members can assist you? :-k

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Estefania
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Estefania »

SL, good for you (about not having a cell phone). I have mine mostly because work. But well, then you get used to them.

I totally understand the fact that the forum is geared for actual computers. (Desktop or laptops).

What I found odd is that the issue seems to be regarding to the way to access it either via cell phone data or wifi. No problem with wifi. But something tells me that the cell phone data may not provide an IP Address so the software for the forum can't complete the "handshake" to identify the user.

No big deal, I just thought it was odd.

*hugs*
Gaby
Stephanie M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Stephanie M »

I can access this forum from my cell without a problem maybe it's your carrier or your phone.
Well, we all have a face
That we hide away forever
And we take them out
And show ourselves when everyone has gone