Hiding Avatars - Answered

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Jennifer M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Hiding Avatars - Answered

Post by Jennifer M »

Is it possible to hide our avatars from someone who isnt registered?If so how do I go about it.I know that the photo gallery isnt available to those who are not ,but the avatars are.
Understand the voice within
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Jennifer -

Sorry, hon, but there is no way to hide your forum avatar from non-members. :(

If you don't want the public to see your real face, you can use another image as an avatar (some already do that), or you can just not have an avatar at all. ***huh***

(--)

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Jennifer M
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Jennifer M »

Thanks for the reply SilverLady.I was going to change my avatar but stopped to think about it.Things are still changing for me ,my self acceptance grows and worry about others reactions is disappearing.Its not a big move but I will start to make my stand here and leave my avatar as is.
Understand the voice within
Lucy Michelle
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Lucy Michelle »

While this site is "open" I do think if you are visiting this site you are here almost certainly for good reasons and actively sought the site out not stumbling upon it. Like a facebook profile for instance, although with facebook and others like flickr certain or all photos can be restricted to "friends" you accept.
Lucy xx