Keeping a thread up - Answered

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

CharLee
Miss Platinum Goddess

Keeping a thread up - Answered

Post by CharLee »

How can I keep a thread up on the forum from being bumped so I can see any response it may get.
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Char,
I don't believe any post gets bump unless it is obscene or in very very bad taste. [-(
CharLee
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by CharLee »

Carol,
I put a thread up this morning, under the CD- off topics section and when I looked for it a post by Jeannie had knocked it off.
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Hi CharLee,
I just rechecked and didn't see any post by you. Not to upset you but are you sure you hit the submit button and your post came up. Just trying to help, (--)
CharLee
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by CharLee »

Carol,
You found my post, Women of Beauty, and replied " only one, me "
Stephanie W
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Stephanie W »

Hi Charlee

Your thread is still there. Just remember each time someone else posts a new thread in that (or any) section, the newest one will appear at the top of the list, bumping the previous one down a spot. That will happen each time a new thread is added. If Jeannie posted after you (see time of post), or someone responded to her thread, that would cause yours to get bumped again. So every time someone replies to your thread, it will get bumped back up to the top again (below the "announcements and stickies")

Hope that helps

Stephanie
CharLee
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by CharLee »

Thanks for the info Steph, now I know.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, CharLee -

In addition to Carol Ann's and Stephanie W's wonderful responses (thanks, girlfriends!), the best way to know if anyone has responded to either a thread or post you made is to ask the forum to email you.

:-k How does this happen? Simply go to your Profile, and select "yes" for "Always notify me of replies", and click "Submit" at the very bottom to save the change. From that time forward, any post you make - and any responses made in that thread after yours - will generate an automatic email from the forum. Simply follow the directions in that email.

If you are just interested in a certain thread(s), then while you are in the process of creating your post, be sure to click "Notify me when a reply is posted", which is immediately above the "Preview/Submit" buttons. Or, if you are interested in replies to any topics - even if you have not posted in that topic - you can click "Watch this topic for replies" found at the very bottom of that topic's page, below the last post shown. The forum will only send you an email when someone has responded to that particular topic.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
CharLee
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by CharLee »

Thank you SL
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

You're welcome, CharLee!

Oh, and just so there is no misunderstanding, the email notification is not retroactive to posts made prior to you changing the settings in your Profile. If you haven't made new posts in the thread(s) that you are interested in following, make sure you click on the "Watch this topic for replies" button.

(Hugs)

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------