HTML text size differences - Answered

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Anne
Miss Platinum Goddess

HTML text size differences - Answered

Post by Anne »

I know it was years ago when Sharon set up the forum. We didn't have alternate browsers like the iPhone etc. When I pull up the main page, some text for area titles is smaller than most others. Would it be possible for someone to check the HTML (or php) code to see the difference and select the larger size? I know internet explorer is ok but iPhone safari seems to pick up the difference to the detrement of my eyes. Thanks!! Anne
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Anne -

This topic has come up before, at least via PM to me, from several members in the past.

The Forum's settings are not going to be changed to accommodate the relatively few members who wish to access the Forum via iPhones and the like. The task would be too involved, and Sharon does not wish to sacrifice the quality and classiness of the Forum's graphics and text sizes. The Forum stands out high above the others due to its classy looks, and that is what we will maintain.

Additionally, this forum accepts BBCode, but not HTML. When members change it in their profile (as you did), the software will override those settings, and then I go in and 'fix' the member's changes back to our default settings.

Have you considered having the settings on your iPhone changed to accommodate the Forum's BBCode?

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Anne
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Anne »

The standard code is fine, it is just some main topics are smaller than others. I can try to make a list to see if there are bbcode differences.

No, I would not ask for fundemental changes to the forum just for a mobile device user.
Anne
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Anne »

New members
beginnings
fun while cd
coping
genetic Gielgud
do you know how I feel?
Let's talk
fashion beautcreative corner
laugh stop
links
birthdays
anniversary
memorials

all are smaller than the other topics in the safari browser. In Internet explorer it's ok.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Anne -

As you have discovered, most forums and web sites, and this one is no exception, are designed to run with the Internet Explorer browser. Other browsers may work just as well, but there is no guarantee; even members using AOL browser experience one problem or another, but there is nothing we can do about those problems, either.

Sorry! :(

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------