Chatroom problems - Resolved

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Lydia
We Will Never Forget You - Rest in Peace

Chatroom problems - Resolved

Post by Lydia »

Recently a couple of new annoyances have appeared in our chatroom:
The small "x" at top right of the chat window no longer functions to log out of the room. Using he larger "X" logs you out of the forum completely.

Clicking on the paticipants name (upper right list box) used to show some options, including profile. This no longer works.

Of course, there is the constant suspense game: who will be the next to be bounced? Will it be me?

Am I the only one with these problems?

Hugs
Lydia
"There comes a time ... when you must grasp the bull by the tail and face the situation."
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Lydia -

I just logged into Chat, clicked on a member's name and all the options - including Profile - properly appeared and were fully functional. When I logged out using the Chat's X there were no problems, either. I logged back in, no problems, never had to use the Browser's X to leave Chat . . . which shouldn't be used anyway, as it doesn't always properly log one out of Chat and may show them still 'in' the Chat room. Another member was in Chat at the same time as I, and she advised that she was not experiencing any of the problems that you reported.

As we have previously reported, the bumping issue we have no control over, it's a part of the Chat software and they have yet to resolve that problem. We were able to minimize some of it by adjusting the timing settings, as they recommended, but that's just a proverbial bandage and there is nothing more that we can do. Sorry!

At this point, unless someone else is experiencing the same or similar problems, all I can surmise is that the problem is on your ISP's or PC's end and it's not at either the Forum or FlashChat. ***huh***

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Lydia

Post by Lydia »

Mea culpa - or, more likely, the new "improved" version of AOL.

Hugs,

Lydia
"There comes a time ... when you must grasp the bull by the tail and face the situation."
Anita
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anita »

Hi Lydia--
AOL gave me lots of problems when I took it to the chatrooms. As did my old ME operating system; nothing was ever kind to ME. My girlfriend is also my computer guru, and she brought me into the XP universe. I'm still on 2001 technology, but it's beefed-up 2001 tech. So I don't get blown out of the chatroom any more, and it makes it a much better experience to go there.

I know how frustrating it is when everything checks out good on the forum's end of the picture, and you're left holding the bag. Renting time down at the local library doesn't help much, since most chats take place in the evening, on Eastern time.

If you're on a newer computer, then it would seem to come back to AOL's browser. Any plans to move off AOL?
Lydia

Post by Lydia »

All is well with IE or FireFox as browsers. AOL is the culprit. They just started a new version. Yuck.

Hugs,
Lydia
DanteCarrie (FTM)
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by DanteCarrie (FTM) »

that trick to make the convo before you enetr appaer i.e. back/ isn't working now