Miss vs Mister - Answered/Closed

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Anne
Miss Platinum Goddess

Miss vs Mister - Answered/Closed

Post by Anne »

With several F2Ms, maybe the phpBB software could label them something like "Mister Silver God" instead of "Miss Silver Godess"?

Anne
Miss Been Here Forever

- This topic has been discussed and I am willing to amend titles for the FTMs and MSOs as indicated in my posts, below. To date, however, only 1 FTM has responded to this topic. :(

If any FTM or MSO wishes their Goddess title changed to the corresponding Marquis title then they must contact me via PM requesting the title change. Otherwise, their title will remain consistent with everyone else.

- SL
Dec. 16, 2010
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Anne -

Hmmm . . . that would be a good idea, or at least something similar. I personally don't like the title of "God" for several reasons, but maybe something similar, like Silver Marquis, Ruby Marquis, etc.?

The only drawback is that the new title(s) would have to be done manually by me once they reach the new level; the software can only be set up with one set of automatic rank changes. However, if I forget to change their title (because I wasn't aware they reached that level) all one would need to do is PM me and I could make the title change.

Anyone else's thoughts, please?!?

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Anita
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anita »

It seems like a good idea, and it's not like there are 150 members that you'd have to manually tweek the titles for.
SilverLady(SO)

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Correct, Anita, and that is why I don't have any problem with the proposed title changes (at the present time it would affect about 10 members) . . . I was just trying to clarify that it would not be an "automatic" title change as it now stands. I think that the new titles should apply to any MSO's (Male Significant Others), too.

Currently, the title ranks for everyone are as shown below, with the proposed titles for the FTM's - and MSO's - on the right:

Posts .................Current Goddess Titles .................... Proposed FTM / MSO Titles

0 - 9 .................. New Member ...................................... New Member
10 - 24 .............. Miss Crystal Goddess ......................... Crystal Marquis
25 - 49 .............. Miss Silver Goddess ........................... Silver Marquis
50 - 99 .............. Miss Sapphire Goddess ...................... Sapphire Marquis
100 - 249 .......... Miss Emerald Goddess ....................... Emerald Marquis
250 - 499 .......... Miss Platinum Goddess ....................... Platinum Marquis
500 - 999 .......... Miss Golden Goddess ......................... Golden Marquis
1000 - 2499 ...... Miss Ruby Goddess ............................ Ruby Marquis
2500 - 4999 ...... Miss Diamond Goddess ...................... Diamond Marquis
5000 + .............. Goddess of the Universe ................... Marquis of the Universe

Any additional thoughts or comments, pro or con???

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Elizabeth
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Elizabeth »

Hi girls and guys,

I am with Anne on this one. It would be nice if we could show some love to our FtM members by recognizing their gender feelings. Perhaps we could throw in a "Mr" before the titles?

Love always,
Elizabeth
Stephanie W
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Stephanie W »

Hi SilverLady

How about a suggestion of bestowing 'King' upon our forum brothers.....

Crystal King, Sapphire King etc..

Or perhaps 'Master'.... Crystal Master, Sapphire Master etc.. or Master Sapphire, Master Crystal etc...

Stephanie
SilverLady(SO)

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Elizabeth and Stephanie . . . long time no see or hear, girlfriends, you've been missed!!

As I advised Anne, above, for various reasons titles such as God, King, Master, and the like will never be considered, even though 'God' would be the correct corresponding title to 'Goddess'. Marquis and Marquess correspond, but I like keeping the Goddess titles.

So for uniformity I will agree to adding "Mr." in front of the 'Marquis' titles for the FTM's: Mr. Crystal Marquis, Mr. Silver Marquis, etc. . . . but when it comes to the final title it would stay as Marquis of the Universe.

How's that? :-k

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by April Rose »

I'm trying not to be controversial here. Ok so, an m2f is equivalent to the creatrix of the universe, and an f2m is above an earl but below a duke? Or is it that Goddess is not as sacred as God? This opens up a whole can of worms about women's spirituality not being as important as men's. It also makes judgements about the relative truth of biblical based vs. other religions.

Whatever changes that are made should be equal.
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.
Michelle Miller
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Michelle Miller »

I want to be 'Grand Marquis', or at the very least, 'Crown Victoria'. :mrgreen:
-Michelle-
"Inside me, there's a thin girl, screaming to get out, but cookies & ice cream usually shut her right up."
SilverLady(SO)

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, April Rose -

I am trying to keep religion (and mastery) out of the title ranks, and that is why I will not even consider God, King, Master and the like as ranks for the FTMs and MSOs. [-(

While you are correct that a Duke ranks higher than a Marquis, which ranks above an Earl, a proposed rank for the Forum of "Mr. Crystal Duke" does not sound nearly as well as "Mr. Crystal Marquis", at least not in my opinion.

The only discussion here is whether there is enough interest in amending the rank titles for the FTMs and MSOs in keeping with their gender feelings. The actual title - which, if implemented, will be Marquis - is not up for debate. By the same token, Goddess was not up for debate when this forum started, it is not up for debate now, and will not be changed should we add male rankings.

- SL

PS to Michelle: You want to be known as an automobile?!? :roll: :P
SilverLady(SO)
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by April Rose »

I wonder what the FTM's and MSO's think about all of this. Dante?
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.
Dolores(GG)
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Dolores(GG) »

I consider myself both male and female. Where do I go? :lol:

While I personally very rarely CD or speak much about my male-ness,even on here (I would have to think about whether I wanted the name change or not myself) still, I think it's a great option that should exist. I like Marquis greatly too, it has a nice ring to it.
Michelle Miller
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Michelle Miller »

SilverLady(SO) wrote:PS to Michelle: You want to be known as an automobile?!? :roll: :P
What can I say? I see the word "Marquis' and the first thing that comes to mind is a dressed up chrome and fake wood covered cop car first. :mrgreen:
-Michelle-
"Inside me, there's a thin girl, screaming to get out, but cookies & ice cream usually shut her right up."
Rony
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Rony »

While I would not want hurt the feelings of the F2M CD's, IMHO it is more of an indicator of active participation and as a title means little to me.

Ronnie
Anne
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Anne »

SilverLady(SO) wrote:. . . So for uniformity I will agree to adding "Mr." in front of the 'Marquis' titles for the FTM's: Mr. Crystal Marquis, Mr. Silver Marquis, etc. . . . but when it comes to the final title it would stay as Marquis of the Universe.

How's that? :-k
I think it embodies the original consideration well. Gentlemen?