Outdated home page for the forum? - Answered

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Anita
Miss Diamond Goddess

Outdated home page for the forum? - Answered

Post by Anita »

A TG website recently disappeared. It was not a surprise, as its author basically said that she was tired of presenting as a woman, and was moving back to a one-gender life.

In trying to see if she had indeed taken it down, I came upon this page for our forum:

http://crossdressers-haven.com/links.htm

I'm not sure if this is the current homepage; I can't find it when I come to the site as it now stands. (My browser goes to the index page, or to the recent posts.) I see a "Links of interest" forum, but that doesn't turn up this particular page.

The support group links are all active. However, I note that three of the four miscellaneous links are gone. Yvonne's page, Dixie's page, and Karen Murphy's page are all dead links. There is a link to the old CDDF forum, which is also gone.

Just a curiosity, and I thought I'd let the administrators know about it.
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Anita thanks for letting us know. It currently works for me at least at this point in time. I am not sure if the site had any issues over the weekend as I was out of town. Try clearing your browser cache and trying it again.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Anita
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anita »

Hi Kimberly--
I'm not having any problems with the site. I'm just curious about this page that appeared in a web search. If this is what's appearing on the web, it needs some updating to get rid of the dead links. If I've stumbled on something from the past, well, no need to take any action.

I only accessed this page from the web. Since I haven't found a link to it when I actually log in here, I personally have no way of knowing whether it's current or not.
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Anita the Links page can be found off of the main http://Crossdressers-forum.com page. I see what you mean about bad or missing links.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Anita -

The 'home page' for our site is: http://crossdressers-haven.com/ with a link to the forum's index page, among others.

I thank you for your reminder; I have previously informed Sharon that many of those links are defunct and should be removed (indeed, the CDDF has been gone for 3 years now). Sharon prefers that she makes those changes herself - she likes to play with the graphics and links - and she indicated that she will do so when time permits. ***huh***

For the record, as of today the following links - in order of their appearance on our Links page - are defunct:

1. Along the Rainbow Trail

2. CDDF

3. Yvonne's Place for Crossdressers

4. The Dark Side of Crossdressing

5. Dixie Darling

:-k If anyone is aware of any other links that are bad - such as those in our Links of Interest area - please inform the appropriate Moderator(s) so she may correct or remove them, whatever the case may be.

Thank you, and have a great day!

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------