Chat - Answered

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Chat - Answered

Post by Carol Ann »

How long after I sign and go to chat before my name shows up so people know I am in chat.
:-k Carol Ann
Caith
Software Administrator

Post by Caith »

About five minutes. The table in the forum's database is updated by the FlashChat program every five minutes.
Caith <oooo>
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

So I can be stealthy for 5 minutes and surprise people..... kewl :)
{squeezes}
Davita
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Not quite, Davita. Those already in Chat will know as soon as you enter the chat room . . . one cannot be 'stealth' in chat (meaning, being in the room with absolutely no one knowing).

However, your name may not appear on the "Who's in chat" list on the main Index page for up to 5 minutes, so those not already in chat may not know you're there for that length of time.

Of course, the opposite is also true: it's very possible that you'll 'enter' just prior to the "5-minute" mark and your name will quickly appear on the main Index page. Just saying! :P

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------