SO Restrictions - Answered

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Laura Michelle
Miss Crystal Goddess

SO Restrictions - Answered

Post by Laura Michelle »

Hi Silverlady,

Being new to the forum and having a look at the rules & regulations, I apologise if this question has already been asked and I've missed it.
I know the SO's have access to their area to ask questions,which we haven't got access to, but do they have access to all the rest of the forum topics?
My wife struggles with understanding my situation and she would like to contact other SO's for support/help in dealing with it.
Before I suggest this site, I would like to know what they can, or can not access. Not that I hide any thing from her, but I want to make sure it woud not do more harm than good.
With respect to this, might it not be good for us girls to be able to read what the SO's post about us, once in a while, without us being able to comment. It may open our eyes to their thoughts, although I do realise the privacy of this part of the forum may be paramount to its success.

Many thanks for listening, and keep up the good work,

Laura xx.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Re: SO restrictions

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Laura -

Thank you for your kind words and compliments, they are greatly appreciated.

You've posed some good questions, and with all the new members we've had this is a good time to explain some things.
I know the SO's have access to their area to ask questions,which we haven't got access to, but do they have access to all the rest of the forum topics?
Yes, the GG/SOs have 'full access' to the forum, and this includes the Chat Room as well as our Photo Gallery.
Before I suggest this site, I would like to know what they can, or can not access. Not that I hide any thing from her, but I want to make sure it woud not do more harm than good.

With respect to this, might it not be good for us girls to be able to read what the SO's post about us, once in a while, without us being able to comment. It may open our eyes to their thoughts, although I do realise the privacy of this part of the forum may be paramount to its success. {Emphasis added by SL.}
No, absolutely not. [-(

The private GG/SO-only section was created several years ago because some of the CDs were 'attacking' the SOs (figuratively, mind you) because of their thoughts, opinions, fears, rants, raves and the like, and we lost many of the SOs as a result (and quite a few of them never returned). Since then, the GG/SO section became strictly off-limits to all GMs, even to those members who may have transitioned or are MSOs (Male Significant Others), and this exclusion applies to all non-GG Moderators and Administrators, too.

If any of the GG/SOs wish to make topics/posts 'public' for the CD/TG to read and comment on, then we have the Do You Know How I Feel? and Let's Talk sections. Of course, topics in these sections can also be started by the CD/TG.

Your posts can be read by all guests who visit the forum, so your SO would not have to be a member to read what you have written. However, she would have to join if she wished to get in contact with other SOs for their help and support and/or be able to respond to any posts made here.

If your wife does decide to join - and she will be warmly welcomed into the fold - just remind her to use the '(SO)' tag behind her user name. If you would send me a PM with her proposed user name and the like, I will watch for her registration and give her immediate access to the GG/SO-only sections; otherwise, it is up to the GG/SO to contact me via PM requesting access (which holds true for any member who wishes access to any of our various user groups).

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Laura Michelle
Miss Crystal Goddess

Re: SO restrictions

Post by Laura Michelle »

Hi SilverLady,

Thanks for your reply, your answers really confirmed what I thought, but it's nice to make sure.
I'll have a chat with my wife, I will have to choose my moment, and see where she goes from there. Hopefully another member.

Take care

Laura x