Double log in - Closed

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

LisaK
Miss Emerald Goddess

Double log in - Closed

Post by LisaK »

Sorry if this has been covered but I am confused. When I am logged into the site if I select photo gallery it then logs me in again. So I need to logoff the gallery and then logoff the site ??
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Re: double log in

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Lisa -

What browser are you using - IE, Google Chrome, Firefox, AOL, or something else? :-k

When you are logged in to the forum and click on the Gallery link, it should take you directly to the Gallery but you should not have to log in again. When I go from the forum to the gallery, it opens a separate browser window for me, and when I'm done I just close that window entirely - my forum window is still open. I've used both IE and Chrome, and I've experienced no differences in this regard.

I will have Caith look into this for you, I believe it's a coding issue that has also happened to others (randomly) but one that she can resolve. In the meantime, I would suggest that you log off (from the gallery) and close that gallery window when done.

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
LisaK
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by LisaK »

I am using (IE8)
when I click gallery it goes right there
and I am logged in gallery seperate window and forum is still there.
Just want to know if need to logoff gallery or just close it .
In looking at your note I guess you have given me instructionss to logoff gallery and then close that page as I have been doing. Sorry to bother..
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

LisaK wrote: Just want to know if need to logoff gallery or just close it .
In looking at your note I guess you have given me instructionss to logoff gallery and then close that page as I have been doing.
When done, just close the newly opened gallery window/tab, no need to logoff.
DonnaT
Caith
Software Administrator

Post by Caith »

As Donna said, there is no need to logout from the photo gallery window. In fact, if you logout from the photo gallery, you will be logged out of the forum. The photo gallery software is integrated with the forum software. Logging into one of them logs you in for both of them. Logging out of one of them logs you out from both of them.

Just close the gallery window without logging out. You'll still be logged into the forum.
Caith <oooo>
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

^ True, logging out of either will log her out of the forum, so she should just close that window when finished. (My apologies for the misinformation.)

However, Lisa still should not have to 'log in' to the gallery. She's already logged in to the forum, so when she clicks on the gallery link she should be taken directly to the gallery without another log-in being required of her.

Therefore, it appears there is a problem with the settings as it relates to LisaK, and I believe we have had a similar problem in the recent past with other (random) members.

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------