PM messages - Answered

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Carly
Miss Golden Goddess

PM messages - Answered

Post by Carly »

My PM are all going to the outbox but not sending. How do I release them?
Carly
Anita
Miss Diamond Goddess

Re: PM messages

Post by Anita »

Hi Carly--
They stay in the outbox until the recipient of the pm picks them up. You can't "hurry them along;" the other person has to come to the site and click on them/read them. At that point, they go to the 'sent messages' box, and the number showing at the outbox goes down by one, or goes to zero if you only have one message in there.

I've had some pms stay in my outbox for months, and some have never been picked up--after awhile, I deleted them.
If the member has no current email address, there's no other way to notify them of a pm. The member must keep a current email address on file, and need to contact SL direct if that address needs to be updated.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Yes, I've had PMs sit in my Outbox for upwards of 9+ months before they have been 'picked up', and others I have finally deleted. :roll:
Anita wrote:If the member has no email, there's no other way to notify them of a pm.
Everyone here must have a valid email address, but not everyone wants to be notified of PMs waiting for them . . . more often than not it is due to a privacy issue on the 'home front'. While I could make it a default setting that is always 'enabled', I won't. :no:

:huh:

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Carly
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Carly »

Thanks. That clears up everything. :)
Carly