Locating people - Answered

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Sandie Masters

Locating people - Answered

Post by Sandie Masters »

I was wondering if there is a way to find potential friends bt location. For example, I'm from the Greater Detroit Metropolitan area and would like to communicate with friends in this area.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Re: Locating people

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Sandie -

Yes, we do have several members in Michigan and particularly the Metro Detroit area. While the members list can be 'sorted' to show the members by location, the location is not actually shown in the list . . . yes, not really practical, but I'm not sure if those settings can be tweaked by Caith, our Software Admin, or not . . . I'll see what we can do because it has always annoyed me to no end. :roll:

So, the next best thing is to start a topic in the Off Topics ... section seeking fellow Motor City area members, and their might already be an older topic, too, so be sure to check the archives (via Search).

If I still lived up there, then Virginia and I would be more than happy to get together with you . . . yes, I'm a born/raised Motor City gal, lived and worked in the Metro Detroit area for most of my life, and I *love* the Thumb Area - actually, I love the whole state but I'm so glad to no longer live there in these economic times. :sigh:

*-* GO MAIZE & BLUE . . . MICHIGAN IS #1 !!! *-*

- SL

PS: My sincere condolences if you're a Spartan fan! :mrgreen:
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------