Chrome to Firefox won't log in - Answered

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Paulette
Miss Golden Goddess

Chrome to Firefox won't log in - Answered

Post by Paulette »

Just installed Firefox after long satisfaction with Chrome browser. But I find I can't log in here. I'm returned to the log-in page, so I log in and get sent back to log in again.

I feel I'm making an elementary error or not seeing something.

This time I used Chrome again, and had no problems.

Looking at others' comments about Firefox it seems that no one else has this or a similar problem.

Any suggestions, other than sticking to Chrome?
~ Paulette
~ just lucky, I guess.
Karin
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: Chrome to Firefox won't log in

Post by Karin »

I sometimes use Firefox on an android phone, and it logs in just fine. I didn't need to change any settings or anything :huh:
*^^* Karin *^^*

Image"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible" Image
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Paulette,

I have tryed Firefox and like you I had a lot of problems with it, now some site I used to visit had a place to sign on if you were useing Firefox. I believe their format is all together different . :-k
Leeza
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Leeza »

I have use Chrome and Firefox with no problems.

I used to have a lot of problems with IE so went to Firefox on my computer. My wife had Chrome on hers and I use it some with no problems.

I did have one time that I thought I am be having trouble with Firefox, but it could have also been my computer
Leeza
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

I prefer to use Chrome, IE on occasion, never used Firefox or any other browsers.

That being said, I do know that we have quite a few members who use Firefox with no problems whatsoever.

Have you checked your Firefox settings (and/or anti-virus and pop-up blocker software) to make sure it's set to allow cookies? Without that 'allow cookies' option being checked you won't get access to the forum no matter what browser you use. :no:

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Paulette
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Paulette »

"Without that 'allow cookies' option being checked you won't get access to the forum no matter what browser you use."

Of course! I'm sure that's it.

This BB is so well put together that I'd be surprised if it didn't work across all platforms.
~ Paulette
~ just lucky, I guess.