Chat room problem - Resolved

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

CharLee
Miss Platinum Goddess

Chat room problem - Resolved

Post by CharLee »

Why do I keep seeing " Website cannot display this page " when I go to enter the chat room ?
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Re: Chat room problem

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

CharLee -

I was able to log in to the Chat Room just now without any problems whatsoever. :huh:

However, I do note that the software/main forum index page is not displaying that I'm actually in the Chat Room right now, so we might have more problems with the FlashChat software tables crashing again; I'll ask Caith to check it out. :sigh:

In the meantime, have you been keeping your Adobe Flash software up-to-date? Is your browser set for accepting cookies from the forum and flash chat? :-k

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
CharLee
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by CharLee »

S L,

I can get into the chat, I was just wondering why that messages shows up
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

I contacted Caith, our Software Administrator, and gave her the link to this topic. She was able to fix the problems with the Chat Room, and here is her explanation of the problem:
Problem corrected. This time, it was a completely new issue. The "rooms" table (we have exactly one room, "The Sharbeau Lounge") was crashed. I repaired it and everything's okay, again. The PHP script on the front page couldn't see the room, so it didn't look at the active connections. Once you were logged into the chatroom, you could see the others, but not outside of the chatroom. Usually, it's the connections table that gets corrupted, although it's been quite a long time since that's happened.
Thank you, Caith! :yes:

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------