View new posts... - Answered

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Angie T
Miss Crystal Goddess

View new posts... - Answered

Post by Angie T »

It has been a week or so but after logging in on the right side it use have view new post - view unread posts etc. The view new post is no longer there???
Just a girl from Long Island
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Re: view new posts...

Post by KimberlyS »

Angie I have notice the change also. I am wondering of Caith has made a change to something.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Anita
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anita »

What I noticed that was the "unread posts" that came up were 10 pages long, which I know is not the case. So there may be a glitch going on.
Last edited by Anita on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Angie T
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Angie T »

Ok just wanted to make sure it wasn't me.... But guess the admins have not read the post yet as they did not answer.
Just a girl from Long Island
Anita
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anita »

In answering this post, I noticed that the edit and delete functions did not show up when I first submitted my reply. It may be that whatever is going on is affecting several functions, and not just the "unread posts."
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Ladies -

I apologize for my delay in responding but I just returned home from an out-of-state trip . . . and I was blissfully without internet. :mrgreen:

When I clicked on the 'View unread posts' it came up with 1 page, with unread posts (for me) from April 23 through this evening, and that would be correct.

Anita -

Regarding the edit and delete functions - those are where they have always been: in the lower right of each post - but they will only appear for the Moderators in the forums for which they are Moderators. As you are not a Mod for the Ask Us . . . aka FAQs section you will not have the ability to moderate any post and, therefore, those controls will not be visible for you.

Everyone -

While we have made the basic software upgrade for the forum and there were some changes, those were slight and more behind-the scenes in nature.

The most visible upgrade members will see is on the main Index page. The bottom section of the main Index page has been rearranged and before anyone asks - no, we will not rearrange their order! @33@ Caith had a hard enough time getting this upgrade to work correctly and members will just have to get used to the new format. [-(

The link for Chat is now at the top of the Index pages but the 'Who's Chatting' section has a new format and is still at the bottom of the page. In addition, we have the Birthdays section which is now activated; member can participate by editing their Profile via the User Control Panel.

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Anita
Miss Diamond Goddess

Re: View new posts... - Answered

Post by Anita »

Regarding the edit and delete functions - those are where they have always been: in the lower right of each post - but they will only appear for the Moderators in the forums for which they are Moderators. As you are not a Mod for the Ask Us . . . aka FAQs section you will not have the ability to moderate any post and, therefore, those controls will not be visible for you.
These were in the "Ask us" section, and they did show up eventually. All of them came back--
the "report this post" exclamation point, the "quote" feature, and the "edit" and "delete" icons. They had not been there on my first answering post.

I came back and created a second answering post, and when I posted it, the icons re-appeared on both of them. That allowed me to edit the first post, and delete the second one that was no longer needed. I couldn't delete anyone else's post, but I could delete my own.

As for the "view unread posts"-- twice today it showed me 20 pages of posts when I clicked on that icon. When I logged out and came back, it showed the normal amount. Ordinarily, the board logs me in automatically, and I don't "log out." I did that just to totally clear whatever was going on there.

However, just now I logged out, and when I came back it was still showing me 20 pages of unread posts. It's not a problem for me, but it may be a sign of a problem with the link.