Editing Posts - Answered

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Stephanie H
Miss Golden Goddess

Editing Posts - Answered

Post by Stephanie H »

It appears that we no longer have the ability to edit our own posts. It may just be an issue of me not being able to locate it.
What I wanted to do was edit a prior post were I had a spelling error and just wanted to fix it. Help.
Stephanie
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Re: Editing Posts

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Stephanie -

The easiest way to find your posts is to conduct a search for them by author name - that has not changed.

Members can still edit their posts but only within 6 hours (360 minutes) of the original post being made. This 'edit lock' is to ensure that a member does not come back after 'x' time frame and delete the contents of their post(s) for whatever reason. Whenever that happens big gaps in the flow of the conversation are created which makes the topic very difficult to read and understand . . . and yes, we've had members do that in the past. :roll: -,,-

After that 6-hr. edit time frame has passed members may contact the Moderator for that particular section via PM and request the Moderator make the changes on their behalf - but the Mod is not obligated to make changes. If a Moderator denies an edit request that member may then contact me for a post edit, but I normally will not override a Moderator's decision. :no:

If someone is asking for spelling corrections to their post then that request will be promptly denied and that denial is not negotiable . . . the Moderators (and myself) would be spending all our time doing that and not moderating the forum(s). [-(

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Stephanie H
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: Editing Posts - Answered

Post by Stephanie H »

Silver Lady:
Thanks for the quick response. I will have to ensure that I us ms word spell check for any large posts that I make to ensure that I keep up my image.
Stephanie