Chat add on - Answered

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Chat add on - Answered

Post by Heather W »

I have a new computer and am using Firefox as my browser. It is not allowing me into chat telling me a plug in is missing. What plug in do I need?
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Gina L.
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: Chat add on

Post by Gina L. »

Hi Heather, I had the same problem just a week ago. My knowledge of PCs is very limited, I tried changing my browser etc. to no avail. I cured it by using system restore, I don't know if that is available to you with a new PC.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

The plug in you're missing is probably the flash player. I thought the message would have said. I thought too, it gave you the option to install it from the message. The Flash Player does not come automatically with any browser, but if you ask to install it for one, it will install for all (at least IE) if you ask to install it for Firefox.

The easiest way to get the player if the message didn't provide the means is to simply Google "Flash player download" and look for the link that takes you to Adobe's site. Just follow their instructions.
{squeezes}
Davita
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Thank you, Davita, for answering this query. :bow:

You are correct, one must use a Flash player - Adobe Flash is best - in order to use the Chat Room. :laptop:

Have a great day, ladies!

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------