Sending Private Messages - Answered

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Annie
Miss Emerald Goddess

Sending Private Messages - Answered

Post by Annie »

Is anyone else having issues with sending private messages? I can get them to my Outbox but they won't leave and deliver. Is it just me?
Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are- Benjamin Franklin
Joan Grey
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Re: Sending Private Messages

Post by Joan Grey »

Maybe they aren't listed as "sent" until they are read by the recipient?
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

Joan is right.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Annie
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Annie »

I was wondering that too but they are not getting sent at all. Still in the outbox
Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are- Benjamin Franklin
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Annie -

When you 'send' a PM it is transferred into your Outbox. Once the recipient has actually read that message, it is automatically transferred into your Sent box. That is how you know it was received and read. So, yes, Joan Grey and Anthony Simon are correct.

If messages are still in your Outbox, that means the recipients have yet to read those messages. FWIW, I have messages that have been in my Outbox for almost a year. Sad that members ask me for help and then never follow-through to read my responses. :(

That said, if you were to delete any message in your Outbox then the intended recipient will never receive it, and your copy of it will also be deleted.

See Also: http://crossdressers-haven.com/forums/v ... 31&t=14563" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://crossdressers-haven.com/forums/v ... =31&t=5928" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (for future reference only). I understand the 'age' of the first link - which was the most current for this particular topic - would have taken some time to locate.

Our PM system is working as it is intended, and there are no problems with it. =D>

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------