What does Resolved, Closed, and Answered Mean?

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Beauty
Retired Site Administrator

What does Resolved, Closed, and Answered Mean?

Post by Beauty »

Answered
  • Question answered
Resolved
  • Problem that was reported has been fixed
Closed
  • No response from the original poster in an unspecified amount of time to say if the question was answered
  • Question already asked (a link will be provided to the older post)
Hi there,

I decided to put a status on the questions and problems being posted in here. I think it will help new users the most, but I also think it will help someone who posted and is looking to see if their question was answered or not.

It will also help all of us to see what's new and help other users.

Beauty
GalicianGirl(SO)
Founding Member

Post by GalicianGirl(SO) »

I think I'm also adding "On Going Problem" to the list because I don't know if some of these things are going to get totally resolved...

Sharon(SO)
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

I am adding the term "Resolution in Process" - or RIP for short - to the list, which means just that . . . we're aware of the problem, we've been in contact with the member, and/or we're working on a resolution.

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------