Question? - Answered

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Question? - Answered

Post by Carol Ann »

Is it possible to write a note off line in notepad and then import it to the forum?. I got something to say but want to get it right with out being on line to long. :-k Carol Ann
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Sure, just use copy and paste.
DonnaT
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Carol Ann, I often use another package to write a longer post in being it notepad, or word, or wordpad, or you could use others.

When you are done writing it just block the text you want and copy it to the windows cut/paste buffer.
I normally just do a CTRL-A which is select all
and then a CTRL-C which is copy

Then start a post here as normal, then click or get into the text area for the message and CTRL-V to paste in the text and all done.

I have also done the reverse because of my poor spelling skills. I have at times written a message in the forum and then copied the text of the message into msword and done a spelling check, and then copied it back in.

I hope that this helps

KimberlyS -CD
A nerd in a skirt.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

ah, DonnaT you beat me to the posting.... I gues I was just too windy with my words..... or it was all of the cutting and pasting I was doing... :lol: :lol:
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Now I feel like a dummie :oops:
Something as simple as cut and paste #-o I guess I have been wearing my wig to long. Thanks ladies (--) Carol Ann
Anita
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anita »

Hi Carol--
Be sure and do a quick trial. When I first came here, I could not get a Word document to paste in here, and that went on for several years. So check it out, before you write that brilliant post, and find that you can't import it. I don't know how or why it changed, but now I can cut and paste also.
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Anita,
Thanks dear I will keep that in mine.
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Ok ladies this old gal has it working, KimberlyS I don't know what I was doing wrong with the old cut and paste but your way with the short cut keys WORKED. So now I can post my "talk" in the coping for cd now.
Love you sweetheart