User Online? - Answered

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Lydia
We Will Never Forget You - Rest in Peace

User Online? - Answered

Post by Lydia »

How does the "User Online" indication work. Often I see someone listed there, but I go to the Chat room and it is empty. Then when I leave, I see my name there. When I return to the forum hours later, my name is still there? Can you explain how this works?

Obviously, the "Online" indication is not the same as the listing of registered members and lurkers.

Lydia
"There comes a time ... when you must grasp the bull by the tail and face the situation."
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hey, Lydia -

I remember seeing a post here some time ago about this same thing, and Beauty (aka Gracie) answered it. But do you think I could find that thread again for you? :(

I'm still searching, and maybe someone else here knows the answer to your question, or remembers that particular thread and can provide the link? :-k

(--)

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

DonnaT
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Thanks, Donna - - I finally found that same thread a mere 3 minutes after you!! :P

Does that link answer your question, Lydia?

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Lydia

Post by Lydia »

Thanks. Got the link. Essentially it is a matter of timing. Wait long enough and all will be well.

Lydia
"There comes a time ... when you must grasp the bull by the tail and face the situation."
GalicianGirl(SO)
Founding Member

Post by GalicianGirl(SO) »

If you want to make sure your name disappears after you visit the chatroom, click on the burgandy colored X in the upper right hand corner of the chatroom. That will bring up a login box. Then click on the X in the upper right corner that closes that window. You will notice that your name is gone.

Sharon(SO)
Galician Girl
Lydia

Post by Lydia »

Hi Sharon,

It works!

Lydia