Online user listing - Answered

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Lydia
We Will Never Forget You - Rest in Peace

Online user listing - Answered

Post by Lydia »

The list of current online chatroom users is not always reliable. I have often seen one or more names listed as "online", but when I open the chatroom, there is on one there. How is that list updated?

I know that you gave me some advice on how to get my name off the list when I leave, and it works. But that does not update the others.

Lydia
"There comes a time ... when you must grasp the bull by the tail and face the situation."
GalicianGirl(SO)
Founding Member

Post by GalicianGirl(SO) »

Lydia,

They have to clear their names just like you or their names will stay on the list. Maybe I should make a post under the announcements letting eveyone know how to log off of the chat properly.

Sharon(SO)
Galician Girl
Danette
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Danette »

Hi Sharon,
That sounds like a good idea to me. I have had the same problem as Lynda, log on to chat and no one there but it was showing them there.(chat on the form page)

Hugs,
Danette
what's meant to be will always find a way.
LaurenD
Miss Silver Goddess

Chat room timeout

Post by LaurenD »

Perhaps the addition of a time-out function would help here. The administrator could set a time where, after a specified period of inactivity, the user would be logged out of the chat room.

Lauren
Daniel
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Daniel »

I was sitting in there waiting patiently for someone to come in, then I left my computer and left it open. While I was away someone came in and said hello, but then left since I wasn't there to respond. :cry: I think the timeout period would have saved Wendy the trouble...