Email? - Answered

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Jill S
Miss Emerald Goddess

Email? - Answered

Post by Jill S »

I know it's a little late to ask but our teen age daughter uses this computer. I won't receive anymore emails will I ? Trying to come clean with my wife but some things a 16 year old shouldn't have to deal with.
Rikki
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Rikki »

Don't list your email address on the site and do this after visiting sites:

purge History files under IE "Tools" menu

right click on the task bar and click on "Properties"

Click on Start Menu tab

left click "Customize"

left click the "Clear" button

Click "OK" and "OK" again

turn off computer

This will remove any addresses you have entered in the Internet Explorer drop-down bar

Forever Paranoid,
Rikki
Be safe, Be frilled
CJ
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by CJ »

Hi all,

Jill,

If you don't want to receive e-mail from the forum or from forum members, just go to your Profile (the link is in the group of icons in the upper right-hand corner of any given forum page). Once on your profile page, scroll down to the Preferences section; here, deselect (click "No") Always show my e-mail address and Always notify me of replies. That should do it; you won't be receiving e-mails.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. 8)

Love,
CJ
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Jill'
What if you password protect your pc?. My wife has her own password and I have mine and you can not review each others programs. This way if the grandkids use the pc my information is safe.
Becky
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Becky »

thats what i do, Im the admin for pc so I only can access the full net. when the nieces/nephew come over; they have a guest password which limits their access
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

And don't click on the Watch this topic for replies at the bottom of the page of a topic.
DonnaT