Flash Chat - Resolved with New Upgrade May 2008

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Jessie
Miss Ruby Goddess

Flash Chat - Resolved with New Upgrade May 2008

Post by Jessie »

I think there may be something wrong with the Flash Chat that I am not sure about. I was wondering if you might take a look at it. Some of the problems.

1) for some people it is constantly kicking them out or logging them off.
2) and this is most recent the clock that used work now does not seam to want to work.

I think there are some other problems but these are the most series (if you can call them that) that I have come across. I will also try and do my own research on Flashchat as well.
Becky
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Becky »

is java involved here?
GalicianGirl(SO)
Founding Member

Post by GalicianGirl(SO) »

Jessie,

Shannon looked into it and the clock seems to be working okay. We have not yet figured out why it logs people off. I am going to look into an update and see if that might help.

Sharon(SO)
Galician Girl
Lydia
We Will Never Forget You - Rest in Peace

Post by Lydia »

Sharon,

Just to add to the mystery, I have been on as long as an hour or more, and never yet been involuntarily logged off.

Computers are strange people.

Lydia
"There comes a time ... when you must grasp the bull by the tail and face the situation."
Jadeanne
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Jadeanne »

Sharon,

Since I switched from dialup to DSL going on to a year ago, I haven't had any problems being kicked off from chat.

I did notice last night that the clock seemed to stay at one time for quite a while, then jumped to the next hour and then stayed there.

The next time I go into chat, I will try to remember to note the time displayed there and compare to my system time, and check it regularly while in chat so I can report problems accurately.

Jadeanne
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

I was in Chat last night (and had a great time!), and the clock stayed at 3:02am the entire time - and I was in there for at least 45 minutes to an hour. Several members were bumped off, but they may have been having problems with their own pc or ISP. I'm on a cable modem and experienced no problems other than the clock. ***huh***

*Hugs*

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------