Quote from a post - Answered

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Dagmar
Miss Crystal Goddess

Quote from a post - Answered

Post by Dagmar »

How do you quote from a post to add it to your own reply? I hit the quote button and the entire thing shows up in the reply to field. Should I highlight the portion I desire then add my reply so when I submit it the reply will have what I wanted quoted backscreened?
Jess(SO)
E-mail address not valid - Contact Admin

Re: Quote from a post

Post by Jess(SO) »

Dagmar wrote: How do you quote from a post to add it to your own reply? I hit the quote button and the entire thing shows up in the reply to field. Should I highlight the portion I desire then add my reply so when I submit it the reply will have what I wanted quoted backscreened?
highlight the bit you want to cut out and hit the del button but be sure to keep the box saying
xyzxyz wrote: and the
bit at the end then just type your reply as normal and hit either the preview button to check your message before sending then the submit button or just hit the submit button if you are happy with it
* * Email address not current as of 08-29-2009. Please contact SilverLady(SO) immediately! See http://crossdressers-forum.com/forums/v ... php?t=9237 for further information. Thank You!! * *
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Dagmar -

Jess(SO) is correct (thanks for your answer, Jess!) - - and you want to make sure that whatever you want to be quoted in your post is surrounded by the "[ quote ]" and "[ /quote ]" - without the " " marks, and no spaces between the brackets, of course, which I had to put in now or we would have had some funny-looking quotes! :)

We're looking forward to your participation!!

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------