Post time - Answered

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post time - Answered

Post by Carol Ann »

No no I'm not talking about the race track. It's 9:27a.m. and my new reply to Kelly says 1:18p.m.
What time zone are we on?? :-k
Look the time change has me messed up already(daylight savings). #-o
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Carol Ann -

The forum clock is set on the Central Time Zone - specifically, whatever the current time is for Houston, Texas.

Given that the USA has added three weeks to Daylight Savings Time, some computer programs do not automatically adjust - yet - for the extra weeks. Also, I do not believe that the Houston area, or maybe the State of Texas, participates in Daylight Savings. In that case, the time difference will be an additional hour off, for most of us, any way.

I just checked, and for me being in the Eastern Time Zone, and adding the extra hour for Daylight Savings (which began today), the forum clock is correct - 2 hours "behind" what my clock reads. May I suggest you check your clock settings on your computer? Also, double check your Profile for the clock settings, which should be located towards the bottom section; you may need to adjust it. Mine, for example, reads "GMT - 6 hours."

For the record, we do know that we have an on-going problem with the clock in the Chat Room, but that, of course, is a separate issue.

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Connie
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Connie »

Dear Carol Ann and Silverlady,

Through experience, I have found that the server (wherever it may be located) has often not made the Daylight Savings/Standard time change, so I usually go into my profile and change the time setting there from GMT-5 (Eastern Standard Time) to GMT-4 (Eastern Daylight Savings Time).

This is purely a cosmetic effect (no not makeup) to the time you see as to the last time you logged on, the current time as listed on the main index page and the time of any posts which are (given the above settings) given in my local time (eastern).

The clock on my computer or anyone else's does not seem to have any effect on the time as displayed by the forum.

Connie
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Ok ok I will try to change it, but if I end up in the twilight zone come look for me (--)