Inserting a video directly? - Answered

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Steffie
Miss Platinum Goddess

Inserting a video directly? - Answered

Post by Steffie »

Hi girls,

I have a general question. Can you directly insert a video (not the link, but the actual video where you just hit the play button)? I just learned you can do it for pics by here clicking Img after highlighting the picture link. I was just curious if you can do that for a video too? Thanks.

Steffie
Strength lies solely in tenacity.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Steffie -

I believe this question has been asked before, but when I tried to do a search for that query, I was unable to find it.

If memory serves me correctly, the short answer is that the forum's software does not have the capability to enable this to be done - only images can be actually inserted into a post using the "Img" buttons. This is because the image is actually coming from a website and the "Img" buttons are providing the link to it, enabling it to be seen in the post.

:sorry:

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------