Icon Question - Answered/Closed

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Danette
Miss Platinum Goddess

Icon Question - Answered/Closed

Post by Danette »

Hello, I was wondering if some one could answer a question for me. When log-on to the Form the icons on the left do not flash for new posts but if I go to the phptos section and come back they start flashing. Anyone have a answer for that ?

Thanks,
Danette
what's meant to be will always find a way.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Danette -

Are you using a dial-up internet connection, as opposed to a broadband (cable or dsl) connection? I found that when I had a dial-up ISP, the same thing always happened to me. I can't give you the technical reasons, but I know it has to do with the much slower connection and response time - and it took me forever to get into the Gallery and Chat, too.

I'm now on a cable internet connection, and until then I didn't realize that the icons were supposed to be flashing, and I didn't know that many of the emoticons were animated.

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Danette
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Danette »

Thanks SL but I never had this problem before, It just started in the last week. Everything else works just fine.

Danette
what's meant to be will always find a way.