View posts since last visit isn't working - Answered

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Melyssa Anne
Miss Emerald Goddess

View posts since last visit isn't working - Answered

Post by Melyssa Anne »

I uses this link a lot, but the last three times I have been out here, it hasn't worked (I do go and look and there definately are posts sionce the last time I logged in. Any ideas?
Missy
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

:-k I really have no idea why it doesn't work for you, Melyssa! I use that search feature multiple times during every visit to the forum, and I log in 3-4 times a day. The link has always worked for me.

When you attempt to use that link, is it saying that there are no posts to meet your criteria? Or is the link just not working at all for you?

If you are getting the 'no posts' message, that would lead me to believe that someone is logging in under your user name without your knowledge. I checked the system setup, and do not see any reason why that link should not work for you. :-k

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Melyssa Anne
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Melyssa Anne »

Since I posted it started working again.

But, when it wasnt working, it didnt give me any message, other than the standard one, no new messages since your last visit...or whatever.

So---who knows...

I'll let you know if it happens again.

Thanks SL!!
Missy
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

We have just heard from another member who has the same ISP as you, and who has had the same experience.

She discovered that when this happens, the clocks on the left side of the main index page - directly across from the "View posts..." link is showing the same time for both the "You last visited..." and "The time now is..." messages. Therefore, there would not be any "new posts since last visit" because your clock thinks the last visit and the current visit are one and the same.

For some reason, your ISP creates these little problems and others (see Lydia's thread re: "Banned?" in this section) and they are beyond our control.

Sorry! :oops:

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------