Bra Question or bra question - Answered

Do you have a question about how things work on the forum? Are you having problems with something at the forum? Do you have a suggestion or recommendation to improve your experience at the forum? Let us know about it here, and the Mods and Admins will help you. ** Please check before posting to see if same/similar topic has already been addressed. **

Moderators: DonnaT, KimberlyS

Ann Stef
Miss Platinum Goddess

Bra Question or bra question - Answered

Post by Ann Stef »

Why are there 2 topics with same title. The lower case one was locked out after myself and another made comments. Why isn't this put in the upper case title where it brelongs.
Happiness is dressing to your innermost desire and feeling.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, Ann -

The reason why the 'lower case' one was locked is because we are unable to merge the two threads . . . we can split threads, but not merge them.

A 'double topic' usually appears because the Submit button was clicked twice by the author of that thread. Normally, we would just delete the duplicate (or second) topic.

In this case, however, it appears that when you went to reply to the original thread, you clicked on "New Post" instead; I'm making that determination based upon the time of your response. As there were more posts already made to the original topic, we decided to lock the thread with the fewer posts . . . we did not feel it was right to delete the responses.

When we locked the thread, we also modified the title to reflect it was a duplicate as a means of explaining why it was locked. I don't know why the title was amended since then, but I've just now modified the title (again) to avoid confusion.

If those who responded to the now-locked topic wish to re-post their comments in the unlocked thread, then we'll remove the locked-version entirely. Otherwise, it will remain, and locked.

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Ann Stef
Miss Platinum Goddess

Bra Question or bra question

Post by Ann Stef »

Thanks for the info. did not know that you cannot merge or combine topics. With only 2 in one of them, I would recommend deleting the smaller one. The other person and I can redo in thew main topic.
Happiness is dressing to your innermost desire and feeling.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

I will not delete the smaller of the two (duplicate) topics unless I receive a PM from the other member that it's okay to delete their post in the smaller thread, whether or not they re-post in the larger thread.

Sorry, but I just won't do it . . . it's not fair to the other member to have their post 'suddenly disappear'. [-(

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------