Funny story regarding 9 year old step daughter

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Wesley
Miss Emerald Goddess

Re: Funny story regarding 9 year old step daughter

Post by Wesley »

And NOW, Several years later

I thought this story needed to be updated. Here it is 2014 and she is 15. A few things have changed, a few have remained the same. Basically, the older son it totally alright with it. He sees me "house dressed" (Meaning underdressed, usually with shorts and tee over bra and forms.) We have journeyed into an occasional dress, no makeup, and always shoes. . No problems.

Daughter, on the other hand, decided to move in with her father last school year. We still have not figured that one out, but she still comes over on weekends, gets along great with her mother and I. She is also aware of my underdressing and "house dressing." She even asks for fashion tips or for validation on this or that outfit. Apparently, it has not been discussed by the kids outside of home.

My wife has a niece that she is very close to, and discusses everything. So, its a given that she knows, probably her husband and we are not sure who else in the family. Which is OK as we know about niece and husband's swinging! She occasionally kids discreetly about it. I am a little self conscious about it, as most all of the guys in the family are alpha male types. I'm still a little hesitant to push underdressing even around the rest of the family. I was asked recently to go over and fix my mother in laws badly leaking toilet. Seems as though two of the He-man sorts had been asked and did not deliver. (one turned the water off, and a week later the other - offered that "it needed a new gasket" and no more. . .Bear in mind, this guy would make a great 280-300 lb body guard, but did not fix the toilet.) The niece casually remarked that it was "funny that the most feminine of the men in the family was the one to Fix things and not the mens-men." That actually made me feel good.

So all that worrying was for naught! Everything turned out fine! If people really care about you, they don't care how you dress. Be good to yourself, Don't hide it if you don't gotta. Be open from the beginning of the relationship. It is so much easier to not hide it, and have family you can share it with.
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Re: Funny story regarding 9 year old step daughter

Post by Anne Bonny »

That is a wonderful post. It says quite a lot about our feeling our way out into the open and starting to be all of who we are - to just live, openly or as openly as we comfortably feel that we can. It is just so wonderful and here it is the women who know, who are accepting and who are being openly supportive of us, AND who have included us into THEIR little private circle making us privy to their little circle of inside conversations which men are kept out of. Her telling or praising you of all the men, the feminine one helped us when the masculine men did not. It's a feather in your cap she has seen that you care more and listen and want to help and to take care of things they need help with because of who you are or how you are.

Sharing my experience...I have an 18 year old and a 21 year old son. Both have a network of friends who are in and out and faced telling them. Of course their being boys I found it harder to deal with than if they had been girls personally (why do many of us feel this way? slight embarrassment? we feel daughters being girls will be more open and accepting?). Anyway..I waited until they were older for the same reason, I felt they needed to grow and mature some, ideally be out of high school in case this upset them. One was going through a phase when he was saying "I'm gay" (him not myself)....well that led me to disclose to him that I wear feminine clothing sometimes, he was I believe 19 or 20. I intended to wait until my other son 18 was out of High School but my hand was forced when one day out of the blue one of their friends knocked at our front doors (they have cut glass ovals in them, I was obviously home and was in the office the bedroom is on the other side of the Great Room and I was kind of caught in the spur of the moment I went to the door dressed and opened it. The friend was shocked but stated he was bi sexual - I don't know what is going on with boys these days because I never went through any stage like this...yea right but I was crossdressing and had been for years before their current age... Got through that was not a problem, but because my youngest happened to work in one of his father's restaurants I felt my hand was forced to protect my son just in case. Neither son was upset by it, they both just accepted it to my face with no problem at all both stating it does not matter what people wear. I marvel at this millennial generation, or is it that our education system has swayed from just teaching typical subjects, or perhaps it is the internet. In any event I only recently started dressing in front of them, and they still have no problem. Obviously I was quite lucky, on the other hand perhaps they were raised to have an open mind or they just inherited this from my wife and I? My Gay son passed that phase and now is very close to a girl and others who he brings in often.

This is all fairly new so I do have to kind of push myself as I have this morning to go ahead and wear a dress and present myself in a feminine way instead of being shy. All of my life I have learned so well to push my desire to be in feminine clothing down and to just throw on guy things. So I think there will be some what of an adjustment phase as it takes some getting used to this openly dressing at home in the presence of everyone. I must overcome this very subtle conditioning. Mentally I will have to work on all of this because the drive to suppress and to hide due to various reasons...fear...embarrassment...fear we will be permanently judged as less than a man (well it really has nothing to do with being less of a man because my gender is kind of a balance between feminine and masculine anyway, I am what I am). Fear that what's done can't be undone. I suppose the key is to admit this is who I am and there is absolutely nothing wrong with who I am. People should know me, it is wrong to hide half of myself or even to act that I am more masculine than I am by suppressing my feminine traits. I do babble on we all face finding our individual ways to live and to be who we are with our crossed genders.
Go with the flow