Think before speaking

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Vieja
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Think before speaking

Post by Vieja »

I was wandering around in Macy's one day and as is my habit I looked

over some dresses in the ladies department and saw one that was lovely

made of soft clingy nylon. An elderly woman came and stood next to

me as I touched it and said "It is really lovely isn't it". I sighed and said

"Yes, I wish it came in a short fat size. The woman stepped back and

said to me "Are you one of those men who wear women's clothes? Are

you wearing panties now? I mumbled something and took off to the

men's wear Department.

Vieja[/list]
PhylissH
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by PhylissH »

Yes it is always important to engage brain before putting mouth in gear. LOL
Sounds like no harm done, maybe just a bit of embarrassment. You not the first one to do something like that and surely won't be the last.
" I would rather die while I am living than live when I am dead"

Texas CD, Best of both worlds,
Hugs Phyliss
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Vieja, it is not fun being caught off guard. Maybe she was interested and wanted to talk to you about it?
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Seems like it was quick out of her mouth like it wasn't new to her and somehow current.

Takes one to know one? :)
{squeezes}
Davita
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

I don't know. "Steps back" and says "those" sounds like distancing herself from Vieja. I tend to be caught in that sort of situation when I want emotional support and it sort of comes out sideways - like my unconscious makes me more vulnerable than I should ordinarily be.

I often feel that is some element of me going women's clothes shopping (or makeup or wig or whatever shopping), to get that emotional support for my CDing. But I also tend to have my emotional barriers in place in case anyone takes it wrong. Mostly I have problems just when I'm plain looking for emotional support (rather than to do with the CDing) and don't realise it.

Not very nice...
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Vieja
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Vieja »

I am normally very careful in Women's Wear but I was so wrapped up

in thinking how wonderful it would be to wear that dress that I got careless.

I sometimes browse pretending to be looking for something for my wife.

Actually she didn't use the word panties she said something like "women's

underpants.

Vieja
Gillian
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Gillian »

The best defence is a good offence. You should have asked her if she was that old whore who used to turn tricks at the local biker bar. That would have shut her up really fast. It is nobodies concern why you are in the womens department, maybe you were planning on buying your SO a birthday gift.
So I concluded that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to enjoy themselves as long as they can. People should eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of there labor, for these are gifts from God.
Paula G
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Paula G »

I can't help wodering what would have happened if you hadn't been caught off gaurd, and had felt able to respond with a positive - maybe there is a story in there somewhere..........
Paula

Just because you don't believe it, that doesn't mean it's not true
Vieja
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Vieja »

Later as is often the case with me I thought I should have said "Yes I am

wearing my favorite Vanity Fair panties in a lovely pastel pink" LOL. Oh well

I have been hiding for so long it is too late to change now.

Vieja
JoAnnDallas
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: Think before speaking

Post by JoAnnDallas »

Back before I started going out full fem all weekend, I went into the local Wallmart in male mode and was looking a Skort and matching top. This GG salesperson came up and took the skort and held it to my waist. She then said it would look nice on me. She also commented on my good taste of matching tops too. Then she asked if I had a pair of heels to go with the outfit. I said, "No", and she took me to the shoe department and helped me pick out a pair of 2" heels and then over to the jewelry department to find some jewelery to go with the outfit. By the time she was finished, I had a Skort, Top, heels, necklace, bracelet, and watch. She asked if I needed anything else. I said, "No", and she thanked me for shopping at Walmart and left. When i got to checkout, the GG did not even bat an eye at the articles I had in my basket. She rang me up, I paid, and she said, "Thank you for shopping at Walmart and have a nice day".

Hugs,
JoAnn
LisaK
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by LisaK »

I have read this a couple times now and I chuckle each time just imagining
it happening and how I would respond.
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

Wow, that is great JoAnn!
What an amazing salesperson. I so admire women who can be that confident and perceptive, to know what you want and tell you to buy it when you need that extra encouragement :)

Although I don't shop at Walmart, someone like that will certainly tempt me to.
Vieja
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Vieja »

JoAnn That is really awesome. To have a GG actually help buy feminine apparel is an experience to die for. Taking items to checkout doesn't scare me any more but the first time

was horrible. It happened in Walmart in the early morning with very few customers around. I was passing a Bra display and grabbed a boxed bra of what I presumed was the right

size and took it to checkout. The lady at checkout opened the box pulled out the bra and waved it around to open it up so she could see if I had not put a more expensive bra in

the box. I almost died of cardiac arrest. And of course the bra didn't fit and I didn't have the nerve to take it back. I have several bras that I bought on line that fit but I seldom

wear them because they make my chest itch for a couple of days where the bottom of the bra comes across my chest. Alas.

Vieja
Paula G
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Paula G »

Excellent story JoAnn, I do hope the SA was on commission, that is just great selling. There are too many SAs who might d some of that for a woman, but would blanch at doing it for one of us.
Paula

Just because you don't believe it, that doesn't mean it's not true