Did You Ever Long To Be One Of The Girls At High School

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Belinda
Miss Emerald Goddess

Did You Ever Long To Be One Of The Girls At High School

Post by Belinda »

I cetainly did it was frustating to hear the gilrs talking about girly things like clothes and makeup and not able to join in. I had to console myself with admiring the girls clothes when they were out of school and reading girls magazines. i joined all girls classes for some lessons like shorthand and typiing and had to keep my girly feelings a secret. I was so shy anyway, oh how I would turn the clock back. However, I did have curly hair and did get occaionaly misktaken for a girl which was some compensation.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Did You Ever Long To Be One Of The Girls At High School

Post by Davita »

Wellll yeah..... but I didn't do anything about it. I just wished and dreamed in private then.
{squeezes}
Davita
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Can't say as I did, but I sure wished I could try on some of their outfits.
DonnaT
Deidre Taylor
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Deidre Taylor »

Not only did I long to be one of the girls but if prompted I could name the one I wished I could have been. She didn't take the steno class route but rather as in the college prep track I was in. Donna was the most fashionable girl in the school and oh so cute but also smart. I well remember that day in senior year when she came to school in her white knee length go-go boots which were just starting to become the rage, this was back in 1970. I think every guy in the school wanted into her panties after that, I and possibly a couple of others for a different reason though. :lol:
Kittie
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Kittie »

My late sister was my best friend at home. I didn 't have many male playmates. I played with her dolls. Yes I think I did & still do
Angela Newel
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Angela Newel »

I know I did. Of at least I wanted their cloths. I'm still envious.
Anna
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Anna »

Of course I did! I think they were so lucky to get to wear the clothes they did! :mrgreen: particularly when they started to wear nylons!
Anna x

What seems like the right thing to do could also be the hardest thing you have ever done in your life.
Kim D.
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Kim D. »

OMG! High school was so long ago, I graduated in 1967, but yes I do have to admit I was jealous of the girls back then and what they go to wear. In those days girls wore skirts or dresses, never slacks and God forbid never ever jeans! :) Also pantyhose wasn't around back then either so you could almost always get a peek of a stocking top and either a girdle cuff or a garter strap. :oops: I think in many ways had there been more openness about crossdressing back then, believe me the internet has made things a lot easier for us girl, my life would have been a whole lot different than it turned out.
Carolynn
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carolynn »

Oh Wow!! High school. You think it was long ago for you, I gradulated in 1960, and I was 17 years old. I spent most of that time cyclically depressed, quiet, trying not to be noticed for fear someone would figure me out. I thought I was doing pretty good at being a ghost, but the only class and school reunion I ever went too I learned that even the older kids all knew who I was and watched me as much as I watched them. I would return from lunch, sit back under the porch of the partially detached gym in the shadows and watch the girls, and the boys. The boys were loud, brash, always pushing and shoving, punching each other in the shoulder to make each flinch. Those that had girlfriends were, or acted, a bit more responsible. The girls all stood under the covered porch of the entry to the school, and they would stand in circles that slowly revolved. It took a while to realize they were doing that so that each member of the circle could get a good look at the antics of the boys in their head butting contests. :lol:

Did I want to be a girl? No I was one, just not acknowedged as such due to an accident of birth. What I wanted was to be able to join them in their social activities and special classes. I wanted everyone to know I was a girl and treat me like that.

Not that I didn't have friends. I did. For the most part they were what would now be called geeks and dorks. Good in math, physics, chemistry, shop, ok in biology, history and english, socially barely apt. On the other hand, I was lousy in math, physics, and chemistry, good to excellent in biology, history, english and composition, but socially rather inept.. What I had in common with the geeks who were my friends was that I accepted them as they were and they accepted me as the strange person I was. 8) Plus I could always depend on getting help for math/algebra homework!! ;)
"It’s not given to anyone to have no regrets; only to decide, through the choices we make, which regrets we’ll have,"
David Weber – In Fury Born
Karen Ski
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Karen Ski »

You and I must be the same age Deidre, graduated in 71 here. Yiour recollection brings back a lot of memories although her name was Kathy! Lots of good times back then. =D>

Would I have loved to be part of the clique and be one of the girls? Heavens yes! I remember what it was like having to put up a front, not being the athletic type and hanging with the nerds. Wonder what they would say if they could see me now? :)
Cassandra Lynn
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Cassandra Lynn »

Uggghhhhh, thinking of those days usually just brings bad memories, but after some major and drastic changes in my life these past 3 yrs i can let it all go.

I graduated in 81' and tbh i don't hardly remember much to have been excited about as far as the girls dress styles of that era, mostly jeans and tops.
Might be the neck o' the woods i grew up in too, but nope, the majority of the skirts worn in those days was by the cheerleaders on game days and of course we can all prolly agree that was a good day. :whistle:
The dress wearing was rare and tended to be more for special occasions.

But if we were to go back to garde school age, when every little girl was in a dress, then yes, and i can remember thinking it terribly unfair that i couldn't be dressed like that.
Cass

@->->- Serenity thru Femininity @->->-
It is not about riding out the storm, but learning to dance in the rain
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by April Rose »

My memories of High school are mostly negative; I'm talking baseball bats and tire chains,broken windshields. high speed car chases, threats, theft and court dates kind of bad. I was envious of the girls, but I was mostly envious of people who had more friends than enemies, and didn't live in fear all the time. I graduated and went on to college, even though I eventually dropped out , so I guess I won.
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.
Faye

Post by Faye »

There were two girls in particular who I envied so much . Both were two years ahead of me and I just wanted to have the freedom to wear what they wore.
I left school at 16 , that was 1968 and as soon as I had my first paycheck I started my wardrobe and could wear similiar outfits .

One evening around 18 months later one the girls ( Shirley ) and I passed each other in the street with out recognition on her side , I could almost feel my heart pounding above the clicking of our heels as we walked in our different directions home . It is so strange how reading this topic has brought this all back to me.
Faye xxx
Kimberly Kael
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kimberly Kael »

I wasn't exactly envious of the girls in my school. Most of them were clearly struggling to define themselves, so it wasn't clear that their lot was especially enviable. The ones who were confident were often either cruel or overly certain of their place in the world. Neither of these approaches to life appealed to me.

It's not like I was clear on what I was struggling with at the time. I found women irresistible and was drawn to them but I didn't really know why. At the time I assumed it was no different from how everyone raised as a boy was supposed to feel about girls.
~ Kimberly

“To escape criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." - Elbert Hubbard
Anita
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anita »

Like Kimberly, I was really drawn to them, but had no way to connect to them beyond small talk. It was very frustrating. Band gave me something in common with them, and it was strictly business in there. I had some dates and some girlfriends, but knowing what I know now, I was dating the wrong gals.

Never even thought about being them, and my CDing didn't involve cute clothes or makeup, no shoes, boots, or wigs, so I didn't discover my inner girl in those years. If I had, and had thought about going out, whew! Things would have been really different. I would have been a gorgeous gal, at 18!

Edit--I'm selling some of these girls short. They might have been very right for me, but I couldn't open up to them. I could see that if I did, there was no stopping the intimacy train, and there was nowhere to go with that. I didn't want to get married, and there wasn't much inbetween, in my little town. Ugh. I got away to college, and then escaped out West.