Supportive Spouse?

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Jina James
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Supportive Spouse?

Post by Jina James »

For those of you, like me, who have a supportive spouse / SO, what specifically has she done / does she do that you find to be particularly supportive and have explicitly thanked her for?

I'll kick it off: When shopping for clothing for herself, my wife will almost always check with me first to see if I want her to get me anything. I find this extraordinary and always thank her, whether I want anything or not.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Re: Supportive Spouse?

Post by DonnaT »

My wife isn't so much supportive as currently tolerant.

She does ask if I found anything I would like when we are out shopping, has bought me presents and doesn't complain when I'm dressed a lot.

It may seem to be supportive on the surface, but she's very clearly said she's not. She just knows it's not going away, so is tolerant.
DonnaT
Amanda M
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Amanda M »

Yesterday, when I returned from a class, my wife was sitting sewing,so I asked what she was up to. She said "Oh, I'm just altering these tops for you so they fit better." Girl tops, not man tops.

There are many many things that she has done that I find amazing - and for which I always thank her. She has lost lots of weight recently (intentionally), and looks great. So a couple of bras which are now a bit too big have now been inherited. What can I say?
If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!
Karin
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Karin »

Where to start? I'm always thanking my wife. So many times ive got back from work and found shes bought me a new blouse or skirt or dress. Two days ago i got a shiny Amethyst ring that matches my earrings and necklace :) and as she gave it me she said she loves Karin! *-* She taught me makeup, does my hair and my pictures to name just a few things.

A big one that has really been good for me, is that she wants to attend the gender clinics with me as i progress thru the system. This 'protective' support is priceless to me...
*^^* Karin *^^*

Image"It's Kind Of Fun To Do The Impossible" Image
Marissa Mae
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Marissa Mae »

My wife is tolerant and in many ways supportive. When we're in a store she picks up clothes, shoes, and so on in case I might want them.

Judging from the above, shopping for her TG/TV spouse does seem to be a breakthrough point that's easier for a woman. Harder, according to my wife, is seeing her man disappear into a femme image, clothes, shape, shaved body ("I miss the hair"), etc.

It's a tightrope ... I want to maintain the closeness of our marriage—still sweethearts after all these years—honor her feelings and desires, and yet dress too. I guess it's something a lot of us do, always hoping we're getting it right.

Love, Marissa Mae
Toni_Lynn_P
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Toni_Lynn_P »

My wife is very supportive and has oft time said that women who don't support their crossdressing husbands don't know what they are missing. Support of my crossdressing is beyond any dream I ever had in years prior.
Marissa Mae wrote:Harder, according to my wife, is seeing her man disappear into a femme image, clothes, shape, shaved body ("I miss the hair"), etc.
I counter this with another pearl from my wife, for she feels that if was not open and out in my femininity I would disappear into a shadow image of masculinity -- a mask. She would not have to 'whole' me if all I was was my boy-side.

So, it is with that, I am her own personal 'doll' in a sense to dress to up as she likes in bras and panties, for the incongruity of it all is exhilarating, dare I say toe-curling, to her. And buy for me she does. More than once an expensive bra and panty set has shown up as a gift for Valentine's day or anniversary with the comment "I can't wait to see you in this"

Buying a skirt for me -- no problem And she just love the way my legs look when I wear one.

But the support goes way beyond that to great circle of love. She knew from the get go that I like girls in guy's undies and stuff. And so she gave it a tried, again another toe-curling moment, and it is therin that I reciprocate and give to her as she does for me.

Aw -- hopelfully not crossing the line of good taste here, but we play a thing called the underwear game, where she buys some sexy panties and a bra for me, and I get some sexy men's undies for her. The rest of the evening is ... say no more

Couldn't get better support from a Playtex girdle!

Hugs

Toni-Lynn
Vanessa Archer
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Vanessa Archer »

When I met my now girlfriend 2 years ago we both layed out everything on the table because we both wanted to be honest with each other from the beginning. Its hard for anyone to be honest all the time but I am so happy to be in a relationship where I am with absolute certainty 100% honest with her and she is with me. I am now at a point where I finally have a closet where I can hang all my clothes and have a place to enjoy being myself. Having her in my life is the most important thing that ever happened to me. The irony of my relationship is ridiculous, in essence I am more of a girl than she is sometimes. She loves sports, I never enjoyed them. I love wearing heels she prefersm sneakers or flats, yet because of things like that is why we work so well together. I just am so lucky in that regard to have her in my life and I wish it wasn't considered some taboo and that everyone can find someonewho accepts them for all that they are. It is also because of her support that I feel more confident with myself so much so I have told several friends and part of the reason I even joined this site.

Cheers,
Vanessa
Rikki
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Rikki »

Vanessa,

I think you have my wife! Or at least a carbon copy. My wife loves many sports, lives in pants and work boots and plain shoes. Only has one or two dresses that come out every two years or so. I love fashion shows, chic-flixs and sleep in satin pj's. And of course, I'd live in a dress and petticoats if I weren't in the closet. You're so lucky to have things out in the open.

Rikki
Be safe, Be frilled
Vanessa Archer
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Vanessa Archer »

Rikki,

I am still closeted per say, except for a select few people. The only reason i even told anyone was because of my girlfriend, she gives me so much confidence as Vanessa. What probably won't happen is my family finding out, I don't know how they will react but the whole situation is a little unnerving. Its why I told her everything in the first place because it would be so unbearable mom hide something so important to me from the women I love. In honestly don't know how anyone does it. Its wrong that anyone should have to.

Vanessa,
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

We as most of those old timers of us around know my wife has been very very supportive of me from day one, Now that has been some 51 years of marriage how and Carol still dresses and goes out after I get the OK from her on my attire and over all look. Yep she still has the last word in my dressing (--)
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

As with Donna, my wife is only tolerant. When I ask her if I can dress she says "it's your choice" in a low and uninviting voice.

On the other hand, she does not mind mixing the washing and will fold and put away my clothes when she brings the washing of the line.

Further, she is now becoming more receptive when window shopping and we discuss the fashions on display. :)

One day I will have the courage to ask her if Requal could go out.
Requal