that special dress

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

DavidPhillips
Miss Crystal Goddess

that special dress

Post by DavidPhillips »

Not sure why, but i've almost become obsessed with wedding dresses. Maybe it's seeing one too many "Say yes to the dress". But I've really become interested in trying on a wedding dress. I have no intention of really buying it, but just want to try on that one special dress, and really feel that special moment. I don't want to devalue any meaning of the dress for other GG's.

The odd thing is that I don't go out in public cross dressed. I usually wear panties 24/7. Occasionally wear a bra out under sweatshirts. Leggings under my jeans (to stay warm during cooler weather). And at home I'll wear bra and panties, sometimes a nightgown.

Have any of you gone and tried on a wedding dress? How was your experience? Any suggestions if I do go and try on a wedding dress?
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Re: that special dress

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Hi, David, and welcome to the forum! ..o).. Just a suggestion, but you may want to wander over to the New Members section and introduce yourself to everyone! :yes:

Aside from that, I would suggest visiting your local (or not-so-local) Goodwill or Salvation Army resale shops for wedding dresses, and femme clothing in general; no one really pays any attention to what you have in your shopping cart, and the dressing rooms are unisex. Take a gander through the gallery, the wedding dress I'm wearing came from Goodwill (as did the Vera Wang).

Shopping at the "GW Boutique" (as Virginia and I call it) is like a treasure hunt: some days you strike out, other days you strike it rich, but the hunt is always fun!

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Hi David, -wel- to the forum.

I tried on my wife's not long after we married.
DonnaT
Rikki
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Rikki »

A wedding dress is the ultimate in feminine attire in my book. Still remember trying on my aunt's hoop skirted wedding dress in 1963, right at the end of the "petticoat era". Felt like a southern belle. Hence my passion for the full-skirted siloutte in dresses for me.

Rikki
Be safe, Be frilled
DavidPhillips
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by DavidPhillips »

Thanks for the replies. I'm not really a new member. I've been in here before for a little, and took a break, and when I went to log on again, I had lost my password. And while I know I could have rest my password, my email address had changed. Anyways. Once again thanks for the replies.
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Welcome back David.

I love the looks and styles of a wedding dress, but the fact they are a wedding dress does nothing for me.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

hummmm.... How to try on a wedding gown.....

Oh... Hi David....

I have done it at a couple places a few times and I have done it drab. If you see "Say yes to the dress" I'm figuring you're in the USA. Sssooooo... Visit your local David's Bridal or even their competitors. Walk around, do some hunting. Let a sales lady see if you need help. If you have that brave streak, you can tell her you have always wanted to try on a gown and see if she can make that happen.

The first time I tried on a gown it was a small shop and all the ladies were very helpful. It was only my first few times out in public. I visited a few times. I eventually ordered the fullest petticoat I could from them. I couldn't really afford their gowns but we tried to get one in the price range, but they needed to make money and I needed to save it. Anyway back to David's Bridal. In one shop I happened to get the one girl who seemed to be the "go to" for us girls. I think they might be commissioned which means we are a good chance for them to make a sale -- maybe even more than one. I tried gowns on a couple different times at a couple David's.

They set it all up so I could do it and we were all discreet.
{squeezes}
Davita
Bobby T.

Post by Bobby T. »

i have gotten rid of all my skirts, petticoats except for a few and now buy wedding gowns, crinolines to go with them and evening gowns. I like the full look. I do not go out in public so i shop from the net where they will custom make to your size.
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

you see that's my problem ](*,) , if I can not wear it out in public why spend all that money on a outfit no one will see you in ***huh***
Paula G
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Paula G »

Although I do enjoy dressing up for an occasion, I struggle with the wedding dress thing, even if you are getting married. All that money on a dress that you will only wear once, having said all that I am noticing more and more wedding dresses in charity shops (good will in the US) a couple of the chains even how special Wedding departments in some of their bigger shops.
Paula

Just because you don't believe it, that doesn't mean it's not true
Marissa Mae
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Marissa Mae »

I too am a person who doesn't go out dressed fully en femme, for instance, no dress, no skirt, not very much makeup, etc. (though I frequently do go out wearing bra, forms, panties, even a blouse if I can do so in stealth mode and not be noticed. Winter's wonderful for underdressing, almost a complete outfit under a long parka ...) but ...

I have a similar attraction, not to wedding dresses, but to something closely allied: a beautiful gown. The one I found is really knockout lovely, formal, mist grey-green, suitable for a prom or a bridesmaid.

Sheer luck finding it at all, in my TL (= Too Large) size. It's beautiful. The pleasure in wearing it is immense. I found it at Goodwill, where a lot of formalism/semiformal gowns end up, because, as noted above, they get worn once, and then ...

What use is a gown no one will ever see you in? For me, incredible pleasure. It feels good. I don't do anything for its looks, I'm sure, but it does wonders for my psyche!

Love, Marissa Mae