Crossdressing and the weather

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Martina Hall
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: Crossdressing and the weather

Post by Martina Hall »

Out here in the great plains, it's either too hot or too cold about nine or ten months out of twelve. Wear a light skirt, thin top, no hosiery during the summer. Winter dictates tights, boots, coats, thermal undies, etc.

What gets hot in the summer is a wig.
I AM my own hot girlfriend.
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by April Rose »

What I love about living in New England is the seasonal change. In nature, in activities and in wardrobe. I look forward to the Autumn leaves, to Biking and golf in the warm months and skiing and snowboarding in the winter. And I especially look forward to choosing next seasons wardrobe. Right now it's capris, gauze skirts, short shorts and baby doll nighties. In a few months it will be knit skirts, Longer dresses, hose and silky blouses. I'm already thinking about shoes...... :sigh:
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

Martina, never too cold for a skirt. I have been out in single degree temps and snow in a nice long skirt, knee boots, and vintage bloomers. I agree the changing weather can make getting out emfemme interesting. And yes the hot humid summers make wearing a wig very sweaty at times.

kimberlys - cd
joe in a skirt
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
TammyT
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by TammyT »

I'm still closeted -- I hardly get to dress up, nor would I go venturing outside when en femme. I have shapely, feminine legs but they're covered in dark, masculine hair. If I did get to dress often, I would avoid doing it in the summer because I fear shaving my legs would bring unwanted attention to my feminine build. I would absolutely love to don a maxi dress and sandals on a warm, breezy day, but I don't have the chance to do it privately. I tend to stick to the cooler months where my man clothes would ordinarily cover up any evidence of body shaving done on Tammy's part.
Very happy being a guy, but I also love fashion. We are all valued, and my feminine side is just one facet of the gem as a whole.
Martina Hall
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Martina Hall »

Tammy T-
A little shy, are we? Yeah, I was at one time. But then Martina took over, shaved the legs, and other parts, and started showing off the legs and feminine build. (AKA skinny runt). Sometimes, I feel this is what Martina was born to do. The legs have been shaved regularly for years, now. Very rarely does anyone ask why. ( I am in male mode almost every day, unfortunately.) If anyone should ask, Martina has some snappy answers, such as, " I lost a bet". Or, if it is someone I don't particularly care for, I might say, "Who's asking? Tell him I wouldn't tell you." Or this one: " I don't understand the question." Or " I just can't stand body hair".
A shame to be fortunate enough to "pass" and not exploit it. Hope you get that opportunity.
I AM my own hot girlfriend.
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

On the excuse front...Cyclists shave their legs (maybe runners too). There's a scene in the bike movie Breaking Away (which is very funny) where the hero's father is shocked by it.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
TammyT
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by TammyT »

Martina Hall wrote:Tammy T-
A little shy, are we?
haha, yeah, a little bit. The main reason, though, is that I'm actually happy being a man -- crossdressing is just an occasional expression for me.
A shame to be fortunate enough to "pass" and not exploit it. Hope you get that opportunity.
Me too, but I want either the complete freedom living on my own, or (preferably) a close female confidant with whom I can talk and cuddle.
Very happy being a guy, but I also love fashion. We are all valued, and my feminine side is just one facet of the gem as a whole.
Marissa Mae
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Marissa Mae »

The weather is one of those things that has a powerful effect on how and when I dress.

I live in a cold part of the country, and there are lots of times even in spring and fall when skirts are too chilly. Above the waist I can wear anything in the winter (naturally warm there), and even a bra in hot weather. But from the waist down, when it's cold I want coverage! So I sometimes wear a skirt over trousers or (ignobly) sweats to keep my legs warm.

More elegantly, I have three pairs of petty pants. But warning: they're lovely but they're only moderately warm. You can't exactly go ice skating in them.

As whether the weather stops me from crossdressing, I would say not often. It's just that the layers increase as the mercury (or whatever they're using in place of it) goes down, down, down ...

Love, Marissa Mae
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

alcohol with dye.

That's what they are using in place of mercury now, not something you should necessarily be using in in cold weather for other reasons. Although a little bit now and then .......... :P

Well here in Montana the weather has been quite warm the last few days. So it was time to get out a new dress. I bought a few last fall on clearance and hadn't had any chance to wear them yet. So I picked out an olive green one, with a little heavier material so it's not really light and summery. But with pantyhose and a light jacket it's just right for this weather.
I love the changes in weather. It gives you a reason to wear a huge variety of clothes. I love the light airy skirt and top in summer, wool skirts and sweaters in fall, a sweater dress and tights in winter. And then in spring it can be any of those (sometimes all in the same day :lol: )
Weather is a whole lot more fun when you have a suitable outfit for it.
Janine O
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Janine O »

Living in Wisconsin I definitely prefer autumn and winter months for dressing up in my most attractive outfits A girdle and nylons are a real pain in the summer.
Requal Jo
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Requal Jo »

Yes I do dress for the seasons here in Australia. There is not a great variance temperature where I reside so on cold days during the winter months I just add a cardigan or jumper to what I am wearing. My wearing of pantyhose and stockings is drastically reduced during the warmer summer months.
Requal