Crossdressing and the weather

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

SallyStone
Miss Crystal Goddess

Crossdressing and the weather

Post by SallyStone »

Do the seasons affect how often you crossdress? This probably isn't a valid question for you girls that dress full-time or are transitioning, but for those of us that are not full-time, does the warmer weather curb your crossdressing?

I tend to use a lot of foundation garments that help to give me a feminine silhouette. Obviously, these types of undergarments tend to be warm all by themselves so the warmer weather tends to be somewhat uncomfortable. I still find opportunities to dress during the summer but I'm definitely a cold weather girl. It's a good thing for air-conditioning!

Hugs,

Sally
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: Crossdressing and the weather

Post by Davita »

Feminine silhouette? Have you seen all the shapes that comes in? I don't wear all those garments to get a curvy shape. I happen to have one already; it just happens to be convex where it needs to be concave. If I was going to be wearing a ton of clothes in the summer, then yeah, I'd just die and not dress. My wigs are hot enough as it is, but they don't deter me from getting my fem time out. I don't wear a ton of hot clothes for hot weather so I'm out year round.
{squeezes}
Davita
AJ West
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by AJ West »

The weather isn't a factor in my dressing like it used to be when I was less confident about myself and my appearance. I've learned to blend into summer, or fairer weather settings by adjusting what I wear, I don't have to do the whole glam thing, and I've discovered that being a 'woman' or our best efforts of emulating one means we do what they do and act and dress like they do.
Not sure where I'm going, but there's no since being late
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

I think the warmer weather may curb my full out and about femm time some. But it is more just controlled by my mood to get in full femme.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

Ya yes and no, Carol still wears a dress if I am going out but I am not the type who dresses down as most women do in the summer. Only around the house do I wear capri or jeans. Sorry just my bringing up
Shirley Anne
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Shirley Anne »

In the North of Scotland it very rarely gets warm enough that it would interfere with dressing.

Shirley Anne
Latanya
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Latanya »

considering i underdress daily and were as much fem clothes as i can get away with
yes weather does help me decide
easier to cover up what ur wearing when ur layering or wearing a coat
for example i have a bra with extreme padding. i wore it a lot in the winter months cause i wear a coat or jacket over my tops
but had to tone it down if only wearing a shirt cause its is very noticeable. i still wear a bra but less padding
also in the winter i tend to wear tights but late spring and summer it gets hot so i go with knee hi or trouser socks
The fem side of me is ever evolving and growing.
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

well weather does certainly have an affect on what outfit I wear. In winter I would prefer a wool skirt and sweater tights, with a sweater, or layered tops. If it's warm enough I will wear a sun dress. The last year I've been watching what I eat and lost most of the beer belly, so I'm eager for some cute sun dress weather.
Today it's a bit cool and cloudy, so it's a longer but light skirt, sleeveless top and shrug. I also have a few skirt & top combos that are light and very comfortable that I really like in the summer. Actually I like most of my summer outfits better than the winter ones. Anyway, I need to go shopping soon and see if I can get some nicer winter outfits on clearance.
BrianaGiGi
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by BrianaGiGi »

It used to not, but as I became more and more in tune with how women dress, it does now. Regardless of the weather, I used to go out fully dressed, pantyhose/tights, etc. Now, in warm weather, I skip the hose with certain dresses if appropriate. I wear capris if appropriate. In general, I try to emulate what others around me are wearing.
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

GiGi
KimberlyS
Site Administrator

Post by KimberlyS »

GiGi, yes and dressing like the GG's gives a more blending look and it is easer to go out and about, and not stick out.
Site Administrator

I am a physically male person that likes to wear feminine clothes at times.
Just trying keep a balance for my self along with keeping my wife and kids in mind.
Sarah Ann
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Ann »

I cycle what i wear seasonally like most women, right now it's more sleeveless, shorter skirts, and lower cut, fall/winter i go more for sweaters and long sleeves, and I tend to wear slacks more in winter. I just picked up 3 more peasant blouses that have wildly colorful flower prints and are suited to summer casual.
I'm a girl with minor additions ^^_||
Paula G
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Paula G »

Well yes, of course the weather will dictate what we wear, the over coat is back in the wardrobe now, but for me the weather also dictates how much time I have to dress, when the sun is out I'm working when it's raining I have time.
Paula

Just because you don't believe it, that doesn't mean it's not true
Kittie
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Kittie »

Of course the weather affects what we wear!
Satara
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Satara »

Dam right the weather effects what I wear. For me it's a win win. In the summer I can rock sum shorts skirts, lil shorts , loose blouse , or sundress, and ain gotta worry about catching a cold or neumonia ... Winter I can wear sum tight leggings sheer socks and heels and a tight hoody jacket...love it either way lol
Wendae
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Wendae »

I prefer the cooler weather for obvious reasons, living in Florida. :)
I believe I was a lesbian in my past life