Things thought about when wearing a skirt

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Vera
Miss Crystal Goddess

Things thought about when wearing a skirt

Post by Vera »

http://www.answers.com/article/1187702/ ... ll#slide=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Re: Things thought about when wearing a skirt

Post by Carol Ann »

I enjoyed that as I have wonder often what other think about my skirt and top. Now I always wear panties and a half slip under a skirt *-*
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

Without reading the article, I have another question... What was she thinking??!!! So many times I see the woman didn't bother to look in the mirror when she got dressed that morning. She might as well have had her skirt tucked into her pantihose because the view isn't a whole lot different.

When I decide on a skirt, I'm thinking of where I'm going to be and what am I going to be doing. If for example I'm going to my watering hole, a short pencil skirt is not an option. I'm not going to be hopping up and down off the bar stool and have my crotch at eye level and spend my whole entire time trying to remember to have a hand in my lap. You have to pay attention to details in a skirt -- simple.
{squeezes}
Davita
Trudy
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Trudy »

I got a chuckle out of this article as I have probably committed at least 7 or more of the "deadly" sins. I remember once it was a hot day and I wore a lightweight yellow gauze skirt to the market. It wasn't until I was in the checkout line the lady behind me told me I really shouldn't have worn red panties under it. :oops: I guess we all have to think about these things every day.
Heather W
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Heather W »

Cute article! Obviously I have bee through the windy day :oops: but I never really thought that much about the other ones, well until now! I did get a chuckle out of the one on the stairs as the high school I attended was old and it had 3 floors. I can remember how the guys used to congregate at the bottom of the steps and pray for a view. :whistle: Well I did too but for different reasons. [-X Always wanted to see what I should be looking for ion undies to be "one of the girls." :)
The time is always right to do what is right
Martin Luther Ling Jr
Erica S
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Erica S »

As I am wearing one right now, I am thinking how wonderful it feels to finally have a skirt back on! It is a wonderful feminine feeling. I sure have missed it. I only wish I could slip into one of my skirts or dresses when I come home from work.

Hugs

Erica
If the woman inside of you needs to be free, let it happen, and you can soar.
Jenny M.
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Jenny M. »

some of those things would a turn on for me...
Diana Michelle
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Diana Michelle »

Trudy wrote:I got a chuckle out of this article as I have probably committed at least 7 or more of the "deadly" sins.
Just 7? :lol: Skirts and dresses have been the mainstay of my wardrobe for over 30 years now and believe me I have committed every one of those mistakes, many multiple times. I did get a chuckle out of several of them but they are all true. My grandfather used to say only a fool does the same thing the same way over and over and expects different results. #-o
Remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did only she did it backwards and in high heels!

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls and whispered in the sounds of silence. Paul Simon
Sarah Ann
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Ann »

Been there, done/thought all of that :lol: #3 about bending over is easily handled by remembering to always flex at the knees and the hips instead, dropping vertically and gracefully to pick up what you dropped. This should be practiced, it looks graceful and hides your tush. I'm surprised they missed getting in and out of a car without doing the knees together "sideways sit" and swinging your legs around. The late Farah Fawcett once made a paparazzo's fortune that way while arriving at a gala ..OO..

Funny, I've seen Katy Perry violate all of these in press photos...... rotf
I'm a girl with minor additions ^^_||
Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Post by Virginia »

Well, I have noticed that those of us who do go out among "the great unwashed" tend to have an attitude that we are representing who we admire, that being women. We want to represent our "idols" as best we can, therefore we dress in a manner that we have a vision of our ideal representation. We tend to be more aware of our total appearance than a GG in the same circumstances. I once had two GG's tell me "its bitches like you that make us gg's have to try even harder to look good!" Quite a compliment, but I was doing my best to look like who I wanted to represent in a favorable light!

The short comings that we tend to have as I see it are "learned" feminine behaviors. That being how to stand, sit, arise, walk, (walking in heels), hand placement, head tilt, smiling, listening, carrying a purse. Fortunately, there are informative training tapes, etc, on all these. If you "want to pass," or at least leave a "was that a ?..........." when you go out, I would highly recommend investing in some of these "training aids." The things I have seen other "girls," well for that matter even GG's do is, well, embarrassing. One of the sexiest things I have seen and have been practicing is putting on and taking off a coat. It can be so erotic if done correctly! I have not gotten it down yet, but practice, practice, practice!

So, it is my considered opinion, learn, watch, practice. If your married your spouse may be a good example. Watch how she does the little things, like brushing her teeth, getting into and out of bed, putting away dishes, opening a door or closing a door behind her. How she interacts with her or your friends. Her head tilt, how she smiles, where she puts her hands. (Note: ever notice how the heel of a woman's hand hardly ever touches anything? Or how she has a tendency to "stroke" with her finger tips, other things {don't go there, you know what I mean} like furniture, dishes, jewelery, clothing) well you get the idea.

You want to "be one" observe how being one is done!!!!!!

Virginia
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
Sarah Ann
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Ann »

Virginia, your last paragraph is priceless advice. Never having been trained out of doing it, women's hands are frequently busy in little "touchy-feely" movements, often involving their clothes, hair, and jewelry. Getting to where one does this unconsciously and naturally is a valuable aid in both "passing" and in fitting in, IMHO.
Carol Ann
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Carol Ann »

All of the above are so true and yes it takes a lot of time to master it which helps you feel that more comfortable about yourself out and about.

My biggest problem is trying to slow my pace down when walking as I have a problem moving to fast when walking ](*,)

Another fun problem is finding my wallet in a purse zipping and unzipping pockets and then after paying my bill zipping my wallet backup putting it back and zipping the pocket closed. You know sometimes I watch and wonder how they can talk and make their hands work all at once :-k . SilverLady how do you do that?. rotf
Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Post by Virginia »

Carol Ann,

Honey, if you only knew! :twisted:

She has no problem with zippers, pocketbooks, wallets, purses, etc.

She just makes me pay for everything! _P

Love ya,

V
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
Deidre Taylor
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Deidre Taylor »

Funny how many of us have committed all of the faux pas so many times. you would think we would learn! #-o It is nice to know that I am not the only klutz in a skirt around here and that GG's who have been wearing skirts all their lives do the same! :)Y
Sarah Ann wrote:The late Farah Fawcett once made a paparazzo's fortune that way while arriving at a gala ..OO..

Funny, I've seen Katy Perry violate all of these in press photos...... rotf
I have to wonder if these are just accidents or their way, and I mean celebrities, of keeping their face or whatever in the news! :lol:
Sarah Ann
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Ann »

Deidre Taylor wrote: I have to wonder if these are just accidents or their way, and I mean celebrities, of keeping their face or whatever in the news! :lol:
Ummm, one feels that publicity is no accident, though the incident with Farrah seems to have simply been very blonde on her part. Very, very blonde. Nowadays, dressing in questionable taste on your way to the gig seems to be an expected part of the entertainment. Oh well, as long as they have attractive whatevers...... =D>

OTOH, most of us don't have workplaces centered before spotlights and a microphone. so it's safer to follow the rules.