ah hah

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

ah hah

Post by Anne Bonny »

I love little "ah ha's" as I think about all of this. Why "crossdressing?" It is kind of the wrong way to think. Instead we should think of ourselves as perfectly normal men who actually like perhaps having long hair and nice make-up and looking pretty. We prefer something more feminine sometimes just as women do, and we like the jewelry...Of course sometimes we just slum or dress masculine, or shorts and a pull over with deck shoes or whatever and we prefer to move in and out of all of this at will as desired, nothing should be wrong with that and we need to stop thinking of it as something abnormal and wrong but as perfectly natural and normal especially for us and for men who like feeling feminine and want those options for their selves. Women largely crossed this bridge long ago.
Go with the flow
Noeleena
Miss Platinum Goddess

Re: ah hah

Post by Noeleena »

Hi,

Answer this ? and then you may have the answer to why are clothes jewelry shoes and makeup
Appear to be a taboo to some people for what ever reason ,for men to wear ,

Now this is ...NOT...part of the ? at all , this is a very different subject all to gether, why men try to look / be like women and hide thier masculine features in an act of dressing remember this is not what its about,

It was not the clothes or those other details that i said and it was not an issues in the 1400 to 1700 men did wear and still do in some countrys and those with in our reinactment groups are still wearing the garb and clothes of those times , so you see if it was not an issue then or now in our groups why was there a change in thinking , what caused it and why ,

so the ? is there for all , just one point here did western , ill use society though its not quite right its really the individual change the perceptions of what should or not be worn .and by whom,
???????..........

...noeleena...
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Society placed the arbitrary limits on everyone, men and women are raised and are conditioned starting with being placed in a pink or a blue blanket, raised and limited and indocrinated...little boys don't cry, it is perfectly ok for little girls to cry, etc... We are socialized this way. Our primary moral ethic - judeo christian also sets up this binary. We are all to the point now that we do all of this without thinking, and we even limit ourselves because we hold ourselves back feel, act and think about it all in a certain way.

I know men at one time wore shoes with high heels, outfits with ruffles, ribbons and bows, in silky ornate materials, long hair, wigs, curled hair, ear rings, even ribbons in their hair - even so these outfits were still different than the outfits ladies were wearing at the time. Also boys were frequently placed in dresses at a young age until they were breeched.

Ok...got that but! Men and women differ physically, and mentally. I do though think while we behave differently, we are quite similar and that society artificially limits prevents us from being as similar than we otherwise would be without the artificial restraints ingrained in us.

Men would wear pink, admit they like flowers, cry openly instead of restraining their selves, and might actually opt for a dress or skirt especially in hot weather - yesterday I was envying the women in their sundresses and flip flops....
Go with the flow
Virginia
Goddess of the Universe

Post by Virginia »

Well, I still maintain my theory!

WE ARE THE NEXT PHASE IN HUMAN EVOLUTION!"

Virginia
First star to the right, then straight on 'till mornin!
Rikki
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Rikki »

I agree, Virginia!

Great to see you back, kiddo!!!

Rikki
Be safe, Be frilled
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Thanks! I ate my grilled crow....and while I think I may move farther away from dressing so that when the time comes I can find a woman and have a life long relationship (unless I find a very accepting and encouraging women for who none of this matters) - that being considered....at some level this part of myself is and will always be there. And I affirm that it does not make any difference those who think so can just leave me alone. This part of who I am just is.
Go with the flow