Do any of you have a problem with itching after shaving

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Maryann

Do any of you have a problem with itching after shaving

Post by Maryann »

After I shave my legs for the next several day thay itch so vad it drives me crazy. I have used my Electric razor and different blad razor sam problem. Has any one used a no no's hair removel system yet and if so do you like.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Re: Do any of you have a problem with itching after shaving

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!!! :yes:

Your legs are itching because they are dry, you need to use a good moisturizer - I use Aveeno Natural Oatmeal (or Walmart brand GEQ) - it's low cost but excellent as an all-body lotion. I have not noticed any difference in quality by using the GEQ.

Regarding the No-No Hair Removal System - there are several topics on that product, but the consensus is to stay away from it (ie, the name says it all: No! No!) :wink:

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Jenny M.
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Jenny M. »

moisturizer
Stephanie H
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Stephanie H »

Use a aloe base shaving cream and a new razor. This will give you a nice smooth feeling and at the same time put moisture onto the skin. At the end and beginning of each day just put a dab o moisturizer on each leg and the underarm to keep from drying and than itching.
Stephanie
Maryann

Post by Maryann »

Thanks every one I'll take your advice and get some moisturizer and a new razor
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Mine don't usually itch, unless I dry shave them. I use Aveeno Positively Smooth moisturizer.
DonnaT
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

I don't itch after shaving because I have pretty much scraped off the top layer of skin. Hummm.... even when I'm not torturing me with perfection, I never have itched. If I ground too much or too many days in a row, i will use an antiseptic oinment and the ones I use have some numbing to them.
{squeezes}
Davita
Maryann

Post by Maryann »

Thank you Donna T and Davita. I have never dry shave so I wount try that.
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

I have used products like Veet and Nair with very good results that last with no irritation but I understand these aren't for everyone. I have also found shaving in a warm shower also works well with soap, or a moisurizing shaving lotion made for that purpose skintimate...It is a learning process you have to find what works for you. I have even dry shaved very lightly doing some maintenance with success you have to take great care not to press down I did this because I am impatient and did not want to spend a lot of time shaving my legs. Be careful of moisturizers that contain irritating ingredients, scents and alcohol on scraped areas or they will only show up in glaring detail and burn and itch like crazy for days....I have been there gal...
Go with the flow
Sarah Ann
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Ann »

[Looks up briefly from vigorously clawing at a hairless underarm] Naaah! Whatever gave you that idea? [goes looking for the rubbing alcohol and witch hazel] :bigsmile:
I'm a girl with minor additions ^^_||
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Hahahahahahaha!!! That was a good laugh - thanks! I can laugh at myself...experience is the best teacher!
Go with the flow
Wesley
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Wesley »

Hair Removal Thoughts.

Without a doubt, don't waste your money on things like "No-No." Just remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Shaving always a pain, Nair, sometimes is alright, just don't use it too often, and certainly not on sensitive skin.

The best fix I have found it Professional waxing. If you try the "at home" kits, you are torturing yourself needlessly. They yield poor results, and leave you with skin tears. Professional waxing is a treat. Quick, and a bit more expensive (chest, back, arms and legs in the center of the United States runs about $200. ) Pain is minor EXCEPT in the center of your chest. I won't lie, it hurts like a well you know. But overall its not bad.

Professional Laser sounds great, but I've not given it a try as yet. Just make sure you get a real pro. There are lots of fakes out there. With the wrong settings on a UV laser, you can end up with nasty burns that can leave a person permanently scarred. Find someone that is board certified. . .
Sarah Ann
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Sarah Ann »

[quote="Wesley"
Shaving always a pain[/quote]

But not nearly as much as the late, unlamented, original, coil spring "Epilady". Anyone else remember that remarkable miracle of misogyny? I've seen some sort of a redesign shaped like a shaver but haven't had the courage to buy one. Anyone tried it and like it?
I'm a girl with minor additions ^^_||
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by April Rose »

When my legs get dry they itch , even when I don't shave. I really think that moisturizing is the answer. especially as we age.

Not that it has anything to do with me.... :haha: :no:
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

I agree that waxing is the best solution. It is expensive though (but worth it I think) and depending where you live you might have a hard time finding a place to do it. When I was working in Phoenix I had a salon that I really liked that would do my legs. Other places it has been difficult sometimes finding a good salon.

I do use my epilady on occasion and I prefer that to shaving. The problem is that it takes forever to do just my legs. I like that there is no stubble, and when the hair grows back it is small and soft instead of prickly. The thing I like about it, is that I don't have to do it in the shower. I can do it in the evening while watching TV or something. And if I keep up with it, doing it regularly a couple times a week, it's not so painful.

As for itching legs or skin in general, I like to use a really nice body butter. I buy mine off Etsy from a shop called Soap Cauldron, she has some really nice selections of flavors and it's all natural without any of the irritating ingredients. Obviously she also sells soap, which I like better than normal soap because it doesn't seem to dry out my skin at all. Etsy is the greatest idea ever, you can get all sorts of really great handmade things off it..... but I digress :lol:

So if you can't afford waxing, at least give yourself a treat to some nice body butter.