Shaving advice

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Jenny M.
Miss Silver Goddess

Shaving advice

Post by Jenny M. »

I used NAIR once along time ago, left my lags soo soft. Had to let it grow back, It came back thinner. I'd like to have smooth lag again.Is NAIR ok to use. or should I shave. which I have never done.
Kelly
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: Shaving advice

Post by Kelly »

Be careful with NAIR or other products of its ilk. They are basically caustic substances that chemically burn on the hair. Likewise to your skin.

The softness you experienced was probably a supper exfoliation.

Not sure why your hair came back thinner. Could be just a perception thing.

Like I said just be careful. That said, if it works for you. Great.

A good shave will have to be done more frequently and you defiantly will more noticeable stubble.

Better is to investigate waxing. The ultimate is electrolysis.

Kelly.
I thought a CD was something you stuck in a computer
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

I'd suggest shaving first, then use nair or some other product when the stubble grows back (or keep shaving).

If the leg hair is long, likely it is, and you use the nair first, it could have a better tendency to burn your skin, and probably not do a great job. Then you need to shave what's left. Never apply nair twice, your skin won't like it.
DonnaT
Jenny M.
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Jenny M. »

Thank you, I'll shave :)
Stephanie H
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Stephanie H »

Shaving with a good moisturizer will provide excellent results and you will not have the burning or itching that is usually the result of using a chemical hair removal product.
Stephanie
Andrea F.
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Andrea F. »

Shaving works well with me. It is a part of my shower routine. For best results, use a women's Vemus 5 blade razor and a shampoo with a conditioner. It will leave your skin so buttery soft and ready for your pretties.
Ms. Erin
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Ms. Erin »

My personal opinion is to stay away from Nair. I used it twice, the first time it worked great, so I thought. So I used it again the second time but with less care and I got burned badly, still visible in red spots on my belly. Although getting less and its fading out, it still was no fun. Staying with a razor for now. Doing Laser treatments on my face.

See my post here:

http://crossdressers-haven.com/forums/v ... 38&t=16436

Posted on October 26, so that's a little over two months already. :sick:
I am a woman of trans experience.
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

I've tried the stuff like Nair on several occasions over the years, and had very mixed results. Sometimes it was fine, others times it didn't work worth a darn. So there's nothing worse than having hairy splotches all over your legs, I actually had a dream (nightmare) about that a few nights ago :-k not sure what that's about.............
I really prefer the waxing, when I find a good place to get it done. When I was working in Arizona there were a lot of places for it, but here in Montana there seems to be none. A lady I worked with there told me that after a few years of waxing, the hair gets thin enough that one only needs to get it done once a month or so.
But usually I end up just shaving like everyone else, because it's easy and inexpensive enough and gives good results. The important thing is to use a nice shave cream.
April Rose
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by April Rose »

I've found Veet to be just as effective as Nair, and not quite as caustic. but any of theses should be used with caution. And your skin can react differently from one time to the next.

When the instructions say "try on a small area first" they are not kidding.
I am a vessel of the Goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

I too have had better results with Veet over Nair. Much better.
DonnaT
Ms. Erin
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Ms. Erin »

Any ladies here with experience with NoNO, a electronic hair remover?

One of my GG friends recommends it but I have seen quit a few negative feedback.
DanielleM
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by DanielleM »

Years ago when I was dressing, another CDer suggested a simple shave cream. Suave Coconut Hair Conditioner. It's super cheap and works great. I have been using it to shave my face for many years. leaves my skin smooth, clean and smelling of coconuts. Go figure! I used it on my legs years ago and worked great there too.
Don't worry about what other people think, because they don't.
Robyn
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Robyn »

Hi Erin,

One of the GGs in our social group uses it and said it works great, but her CD husband recommends the Philips Epilator hair remover. I don't have any personal experience though, sorry. :(

But like Danielle, I too have used hair conditioner (on a tip from another CD) and I found it does work well.
Normal, just not average,
Robyn
Ms. Erin
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Ms. Erin »

Thanks for all the info girls. While I am still thinking about what kind of hair remover to get, aka waxing, home laser, NoNo, or the Philips Epilator, I am still using the razors. Professional laser is just going to be to expensive, I guesstimate in the upper $20.000 range... ($4200 just for facial only)

..|/-
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

The NoNo is a waste of money.
Unless your fur is really thick, learn to have patience and shave on a regular basis, just like other women.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!