man beer gut,

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Jenny M.
Miss Silver Goddess

man beer gut,

Post by Jenny M. »

I have a little beer gut on me . my lags are slim, but that tummy, ugh. what to do, I try to eat right, but I always have this "PONCH" , makes all my close...Unflattering HELP!!!
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Re: man beer gut,

Post by Davita »

Help she asks??!!!! Avoid other carbs if you ain't giving up the beer. Drink better beer so the carbs are more complex and harder to digest (also better for less hangover).

Spanx... but they just mask the tummy... And lastly, look like my Mom did -- Humpty Dumpty and just be happy we won't break.

There isn't much you can do for a beer gut but give up the beer.
{squeezes}
Davita
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

How much is a little? In general only, men tend to have a tummy at and above the belt line, women, a little lower. How does that help you? Not at all, but it can be a give away. Just like any other slightly overweight woman, wear looser clothing. Padding your behind might make your form look more proportional.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
Kelly
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kelly »

It's a bummer. A true battle of the bulge. And it is a hard fight. Especially if you like a good brew, like me.

The feminine behavior that I emulate the most is that I worry about my figure. The problem of bust, hips, and butt are easily solved with some silicone. Bone structure can't be changed so it has to be disguised, and is what it is. The waist line and the tummy; well that can be contained. To an extent.

There are some approaches that simply eliminate the fat tissue. Of course there is the snake oil solutions in the internet ads targeting elimination of belly fat. Don't know about how effective they are and don't intend on finding out.

If you have bucks to burn, then you can find a plastic surgeon that will suck the fat tissue out (the procedure has a name, but I can't remember what its called). Other than it worked for Al Roker, I don't know much about it. And don't intend on finding out.

There are some more modern, non-invasive, treatments available. The current fad is something called Cool Sculpting (http://www.coolsculpting.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). Basically, it freezes the fat tissue and over the course of three or four months it dies and you body metabolizes it away. There are a couple of heat and ultra sound procedures (don't have names or links) that yield faster results. Don't have any direct experience with any of these, and won't unless I win the lottery or something (of course I would have to buy a lottery ticket first, but that is a different discussion). I'm only aware of these avenue, because their advertising addresses something I think about.

One after effect of these "immediate solutions" is that you then have a lot of skin that has nothing to cover. So you have saggy skin all over the place. It will eventually tighten up, with proper life style and obsessive moisturizing. But it is the next issue you have to deal with....

I have made progress at eliminating the belly. It has been slow. Full disclosure, I received a letter from my HMO saying that if it didn't clean up my act, I was in what they consider to be at risk of a heart attack. That is what really got me going, the desire to look good when dressing was just added encouragement.

It has been about a year and half. My weight has gone from the 230-240 range to the 195-200 range. My levies have don't from a 38 (should probably be 40) waist to a 35 (damn close to a 34) waist. Though, I am aware of some persistent belly fat, or maybe it is the loose skin mentioned earlier, I don't think it is all that obvious to an on looker.

How did I do it? The old fashioned way. Calorie counting, core mussel, strengthening, discipline, and some behavior modification. None of these taken to an extreme; only what can be a sustainable life style changes.

Diet focus is probably the biggie. Rather than breakfast and lunch, I munch on raw fruit and vegetables through the day. For dinner, which I usually prepare, the only thought is on using healthy ingredients. Not much of a change when we go out. I have all but eliminated raw sugars (last time I have a resees cup, I think it was last winter, it was heaven...). Trying to drink at least 2 liters of water a day (not an easy thing to do with prostrate problems :( ). It was really hard at first, now not a big deal. When this was implemented the first 15 pounds just melted away. The rest has been slow (very slow) going.

Any way. You gotta want it enough to do something about it.

But it is not easy.

Kelly.
I thought a CD was something you stuck in a computer
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

Eileen (SO) wrote:...men tend to have a tummy at and above the belt line, women, a little lower... it can be a give away... Padding your behind might make your form look more proportional.

Eileen
Actually, I also pad the front, which tends to shift the bulge down and convey a more feminine look - albeit a heavier one.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Eileen (SO)

Post by Eileen (SO) »

Oh dear, Kelly. That sounds like way too much work!
Anthony, your plan is simpler and faster. A slightly overweight woman will draw less attention anyway. The question for the cross dresser is whether to appear as a good looking female or to blend in with the public. Look around. There are 20 year old girls with fat rolls hanging over the belt line. It's disgusting! A middle age CD with a little 'Ponch' should put those girls to shame. Except they have none in the first place.
I'm getting off track. Jenny, you have a well earned gut, you bought and paid for it. Now what? Not every woman is the size she would like to be either. Dress for your frame and accept who you are when dressed, an overweight woman.

Eileen
Not only a wife, a girlfriend too!
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

If the fat you've gained is only in the gut, then when you loose fat, that is where it will be lost. Otherwise, one really can't target specific locations of fat to loose, except by liposuction.

So, eating healthier and exercising more should aid in the fat loss.

Workouts targeting the abs will tighten the muscles there, making for a slimmer look.
DonnaT
Jenny M.
Miss Silver Goddess

Post by Jenny M. »

I am 5,6 at 165 size 30 waist. would a corset help?
DonnaT
Miss Great Goddess

Post by DonnaT »

Probably
DonnaT
Davita
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Davita »

ummm corset help? Actually no. They do a lot but don't exactly work on the tummy. Let me show you what I mean, http://davita-farley.webs.com/reference ... /tummy.jpg. Working on the abs will tighten the muscles, but they are under the fat.

You can do a number of things to lose the fat or "arrange" the fat and hide it. Everyone is pretty much right. So you just need to decide how much effort you are going to put into it.

Good luck and good choice!
{squeezes}
Davita
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

Like Davita said, you just have to decide how much effort you want to put in it.
I've found that shapeware helps some, it doesn't make it go away but it does smooth it out a bit.
Diet and exercise is the only way to make it go away. And that doesn't need to be taken to an extreme, but we would all probably feel better if we ate more fresh fruits and vegetables and got more exercise.
I try to find little habits to change, like taking the stairs instead of the elevator, parking at the far end of the parking lot instead of waiting 10 minutes for the spot by the door, using the push mower instead of a riding mower, and biking instead of driving would be good also but my bike is currently out of commission.

I can fit into a size 8 skirt now, so I'm happy with that. It just comes down to what you want and what you are willing to do to get there.
Kelly
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kelly »

Yea, the diet and exercise rout is work. It really hasn't been as much work as it sounds (just reviewed my earlier post).

Again, the real motivation was a health issue. I was told in no uncertain terms that I was on the path to for life threating heart problems. Having lost 3 grand parents, one parent, two uncles, and an aunt to heart attack I don't exactly have a stellar family history! Time in the CCU did not sound like an attractive cure for cabin fever. That is what got me started on the fresh fruit and vegetable and more exercise regime.

It wasn't long before I noticed that the skirts and jackets I had selected on the 3X rack were roomy! That was when the light went off. A pleasant unintended consequence!

The problem with trying to maintain a more healthy lifestyle is the results a bit abstract. Just how do you measure results and use it to reinforce behavior? That is what is hard. But paying attention to the figure, is much easier - for me, anyway - to get the routine payback for the effort; and to keep it up.

Keeping it up is the important part.
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Are you for real? If you want to look good but do not want to change your lifestyle wear a Mumu or other tent-like feminine clothing. Flowing blouses that you wear open may help. There are ways to disguise a belly...what about a maternity dress? I lost 50 pounds so that I am no longer overweight per the body mass index. You can firm up a little with crunches I do 83 - why 83? I donno it's just a number I settled on long ago. The other thing is to switch to water, and cut your calories to about 2000 per day if you are an average sized man. Exercise is only 1/4th of the weight loss equation my experience is it does not do much if you do not control your intake though you may be less flabby. Oh...I am an RN, BSN, MSN, CDE with 20 years experience in Nursing so...I think I can say I do know something about all of this. Just Do It! the Nike slogan says it all stop deluding yourself or wear a tent.

We have to follow the example provided by all women who want to maintain a slender figure...watch what they do, small bites, they leave food on the plate, they eat small portions that tend to have fewer calories, salads, vegetables, high quality protein like baked or grilled skinless chicken....without sauces or butter melted all over the top - plain, fresh, basic food basic seasoning lemon, pepper, or other dry savory things.
Go with the flow
Kelly
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Kelly »

Spent a little bit of time in the old search engine and found some interesting links. This is all on the internet, so you know it is rock solid accurate :-k.

There was a treasure trove on ehow. Some that I found interesting:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4855558_fastest ... y-fat.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ehow.com/about_5398720_effec ... y-fat.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ehow.com/list_5919454_foods- ... y-fat.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ehow.com/how_2319405_eat-foo ... y-fat.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ehow.com/how_7782889_lose-fa ... drugs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These all have a bunch of other cross links that, presumably, give you more tips and tricks.

The most interesting factiod, to my anyway, is that consuming alcohol (that is beer) is counter productive because it inhibits fat metabolism until the liver clears out the alcohol, but the liver in central to the fat burning process, and it apparently can't do both at the same time. Getting rid of the toxin (i.e. the alcohol) takes higher priority.

Apparently (if you believe everything you read on the internet) the carbs you consume with alcohol, like the carbs in your beer or in the burger that accompanies the beer, are almost all immediately stored in - you guessed it - fat. Mother nature can be a real vengeful B***H sometimes.

Kelly.
KymmieL
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by KymmieL »

god, I would almost kill to be 165# and a 30" waist. It is my goal to loose weight next year. I stepped on the scale and it screamed at me. hit just about 240# I'm 5'11.

Kymmie