Wearwolf new term for part time Crossdressers!

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Wearwolf new term for part time Crossdressers!

Post by Anne Bonny »

I have never liked the term transvestite, tranny, cross dresser. I do not think we should label ourselves as cross dressers because clothing should be for anyone who wants to wear them. I can accept feminine clothes perhaps. I am not a full time 24/7 dresser. When I am not in the mood or when I am just feeling like my normal guy self feminine clothing feels silly to have on and inappropriate, but when the desire or the mode rises like the full moon I transform! I don't know why but Werewolf and the similarities came to mind. This morning I thought not were but wear - I am a wearwolf the term is kind of cute and the accuracy makes me smile I can almost laugh at myself and dressing should be lighthearted, positive and fun. So from now on I will think of myself - a part time dresser by the lighthearted and accurate term wearwolf....I'm a wearwolf! Suppose everyone will think I am crazy, Kind of a wild hair idea like Festivus to Seinfeld's Dad, same kind of oddball or off the wall idea. Still Wear wolf implies a male or a wolf, and describes what we do which is wear female or feminine clothing but only when the desire is full and also implies the unpredictable and episodic nature of a part timer's experience. When the mood is full I want to wear feminine clothing, I feel feminine, and I want to feel consistent, the duration can vary. I suppose were I living alone or if I have a woman there who was encouraging me to who knows but could go 24/7 for a week, perhaps longer but I do know the desire like the full moon does wane and when the clothing begins to feel like clothing, eventually the desire wanes, and the clothing begins to feel silly and I revert back into a typical male. Strange but that is how we wearwolfs are.... O:)

I am part of the wildlife....oh-oh - It's a wild, wild, life! Take a walk on the wild side.... I think I have this idea stuck in my psychie like an old song - Ah-oOUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuu!
Go with the flow
Kelly
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: Wearwolf new term for part time Crossdressers!

Post by Kelly »

and the accuracy makes me smile I can almost laugh at myself and dressing should be lighthearted, positive and fun
I'm so glad, Anne, that you have found a way to have fun. Having fun is the best way to blow off steam.

Some of your introspections make a lot of sense, to me - as another part timer. I do have one regular cycle, where I strongly desire to be girly during the holiday season (or maybe it is the solstice? who knows?). During the rest of the year it happens quite irregularly. Regardless there is a gradual build up, some time where it is all I can think about, followed by a fast drop off.

So, the werewolf (even though I thought you WERE crazy when you first introduced it) metaphor makes as good an explanation as anything else.

Kelly.
I thought a CD was something you stuck in a computer
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Well it is a little hair brained people though do have many crap ideas and this one is pretty dumb. I have not really been in the mode to dress much at all lately but that is just a part of the cycle in our episodic experience as part timers. I am not saying that I have not at all but it the episodes have been only fleeting of late though I have glossy red toenails. It is a lot of work to shape and buff, then a good gloss color, red is classic and a favorite followed by 3 layers of glossy top coat to protect against wear it makes the nails last and last and last until the nail practically grows out, I remember one time actually peeling some of it off when it was time to re do them. I think the nails are my acknowledgement of the fact of who I am and have always been and were I to take out the nail polish remover and clean it all down to the natural nail that is kind of rough and not glossy it would create some dissonance. Yep, I am a little crazy I suppose. Some of that is cabin fever, not having a life because I am a sole caregiver for my wife who has advanced dementia - had a bad seizure on monday - the merciful thing would have been for her not to come out of it but then she did return to baseline and yesterday was so alert and responsive was actually able to tell my older son "I love you" and the same to me and vice versa, she laughed, smiled and even in listening to me talking with the sitter she added here and there a "yes", or a "That's right" which was absolutely amazing, the sitter was actually wiping tears from her eyes - hum. But Being incredibly cooped up and not wanting to get out and do anything because I no longer have someone to share experiences with it does tend to lead to some poor thought patterns.
Go with the flow
Vannessa Andrews
Miss Crystal Goddess

Post by Vannessa Andrews »

Why use a term that everyone already has a vision of in thier mind. I work to hard to get rid of hair, I wouldn't want someone to visualize a hairy woman when they hear the term wearwolf. How about Wearwoman?
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

I was thinking of "wearwoman" too. It doesn't have the poetic resonance of "wearwolf", but it seems to get it basically right.
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

Hmmmm, sounds to me like people who only dress part time should be called "weekend women". You know, they are not tough enough to really BE a woman :lol:
Anthony Simon
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Anthony Simon »

What, man up and be a woman? :P
Socrates: The highest wisdom is to know that you know nothing.

Bill and Ted: That's us, dude.
SilverLady(SO)
Retired Site Administrator

Post by SilverLady(SO) »

Ralitsa wrote:Hmmmm, sounds to me like people who only dress part time should be called "weekend women". You know, they are not tough enough to really BE a woman :lol:
In the military they would call part-timers (aka reservists) a 'weekend warrior.' :wink:

- SL
SilverLady(SO)
- Native Motor City and Wolverine gal . . . GO BLUE!!
- Molon Labe - Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis - Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
- ***------- Proud Military Family - Navy, Army, Coast Guard, National Guard ***-------
Noeleena
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by Noeleena »

Hi ,

Our part time army personal are called Territorial,s or grunts for first timers , many years ago it was the home guard.

And just to add spice our lads were week end dresser.s even if it was only Army fatigues and grunt work
...noeleena...
Anne Bonny
Miss Diamond Goddess

Post by Anne Bonny »

Wearwomen...hum...I like it! It tickles me inside. Watching Hurricane 360 on the weather channel last night a town was described as a "small drinking town with a fishing problem" Interesting how turning things around has us thinking about things in a different way. I liked that, there is probably a way to say something about our dressing but then our dressing is not a problem, and does not have the same awful connotations we would draw from something like the term "drinking". Kind of surprised to see the thread had elicited more comments, great...
Go with the flow
Ralitsa
Miss Ruby Goddess

Post by Ralitsa »

Well I know quite a few small drinking towns in northern Wisconsin, but none of them would admit that their fishing is a problem :lol: