Why are we not represented in Sit Com's?

General talk about CD/TGing and gender topics that aren't necessarily fun things we do while en femme, or for gender-driven discussions.

Moderators: KimberlyS, CathyAnn

Wendae
Miss Golden Goddess

Re: Why are we not represented in Sit Com's?

Post by Wendae »

While not SitComs there were 3 shows this past week dealing with CDing. I thought we were treated well. CSI, Backstrom and Elementry.
I believe I was a lesbian in my past life
OliviaM
Miss Platinum Goddess

Post by OliviaM »

Wendae,
Still trying to find the Elementary you mentioned. Do you remember the date of the episode? I did watch Backstrom, though. I doubt if I will watch the show again, and not because I think crossdressing was not represented well, it is just a terrible show. The main character is an a**hole and I just don't get the whole premise of the show. Yes, there were one or two times that there were positive explanations for aspects of crossdressing, but I feel there was an overall negative feel that would not help people understand the diversity in our community. Thanks for the heads up. Later Gator.

(--) (--) Olivia
Wendae
Miss Golden Goddess

Post by Wendae »

Olivia....Ooops! Wasn't Elementary. Was Mysteries of Laura. :oops:
I believe I was a lesbian in my past life
Toni_Lynn_P
Miss Emerald Goddess

Post by Toni_Lynn_P »

The more I thought about this topic, the more I keep thinking -- I hope we never are.

I should say that I don't GET most of what passes for comedy these days. I found it insulting, crude and sophomoric bordering on toilet humour most of the time. What really disturbs me is how we as crossdressers sometime flock to such shows when even the most tangential mention of gender variation is made.

For example, as a person with gynecomastia, I found the episode of Seinfeld I think it was, that involved the man bra to be a total insult those those of us who do wear bras.

If that's the type of thing sit-coms wish to present us, then I'll pass

Hugs

Toni-Lyn
Marissa Mae
Miss Sapphire Goddess

Post by Marissa Mae »

I've never yet met a sitcom I wanted to be in. But of course I'll consider any scripts the studio sends out, and glad to dress in dresses for the occasion, just so long as I'm not cast as a serial killer or something.

Come to think of it, since a hysterically high percentage of films are now about serial killers, maybe we've passed the point of no return. Anyone want to predict the year when *all* TV and movies will be about serial killers? (giggle)

Love, Marissa Mae